Mobilize Women 2019: Role Models and Trailblazers
At Ellevate, we believe in the importance of role models. We believe that you can't be what you can't see. We believe in proving that it's possible to break barriers, blaze new trails and create a new world in which we’re all equal. This is what Mobilize Women is about.
Our annual Summit, now in its third year, is a day full of honest conversations among diverse, innovative, and inspiring thought leaders, all aimed at finding actual solutions to inequality.
As we gear up for Mobilize Women, we're excited to get to know more about the speakers joining us on stage. Tune in to our livestream to learn more from these role models and trailblazers.
Mobilize Women 2019: A Year of Firsts
Hannah Beachler, Academy Award Winning Production Designer
- First African American to not only be nominated for an Academy Award in the category of production design
- First African America to win said Academy Award
- First woman (and person of color) to work as a production designer on a Marvel superhero film
Learn More About Hannah:
Oscar Nominee Hannah Beachler Talks Breaking Ceilings and What’s Next: ‘Black People Belong in Space’ - The Root
Hannah Beachler, the First African-American Oscar Nominee for Production Design, Reacts - New York Times
Oscars 2019: Hannah Beachler makes history as the first black person to win production design - LA Times
Halima Aden, Model, UNICEF Ambassador
- First competed in Miss USA state pageant wearing a hijab
- First hijab-wearing high-fashion model on runways in New York and Milan
- First model to wear a hijab and burkini on the cover of Sports Illustrated
Learn More About Halima:
Model Halima Aden Is Redefining the Idea of Modest Style on the Runway - Vogue
Vogue Arabia Makes History, Puts Three Black Hijabi Models on the Cover - Allure
Andrea Jung, President & CEO, Grameen America
- First female CEO at a cosmetics company who wasn't also its founder
- Longest serving female CEO of a Fortune 500 company
- First woman to serve as Chairman of the Cosmetic, Toiletry & Fragrance Association, and as Chairman of the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations
Learn More about Andrea:
Andrea Jung: First Female CEO of AVON - Makers
Andrea Jung’s Advice to Women and Minorities in Business - Columbia Business School
Haben Girma, Disability Rights Lawyer, Author, Speaker
- First deafblind graduate of Harvard Law School
Learn More about Haben:
VIDEO: Deaf-blind Harvard-trained lawyer who made waves now rides them, too - Washington Post
Join Ellevate Now
In our community of experts, you’ll meet professional women committed to helping you succeed. We use the power of community to help you take the next step in your career.
Already a Member?