Women Who Make History
Women's History Month celebrates the important role of women in history, yet at Ellevate we celebrate them every single day.
We believe whole-heartedly in the power of storytelling and role models -- it's by hearing other's struggles, accomplishments and perspectives that we can truly come to a place of understanding and connection. Our Mobilize Women Summit is the prime example of this.
Designed to create a space for thoughtful discussions on pressing issues facing the world today, Mobilize Women has become the standard for diversity on stage. The event showcases thought leaders in business, media, sports, science and other disciplines and challenges the traditional way we solve problems. We're gearing up for our fourth edition of Mobilize Women (mark your calendar for June 26th!) and we can't help but look back at some of the incredible role models who have joined us in the past three years. In honor of Women's History Month let us celebrate some of the great changemakers and trailblazer we’ve had on our Mobilize Women stage.
Mobilize Women: History Makers
- Alison Levine, Mountain climber, explorer, leadership consultant and NYT Best-Selling author of On The Edge - team captain of the first American Women’s Everest Expedition, climbed the highest peak on each continent and skied to both the North and South Poles—a feat known as the Adventure Grand Slam, which fewer than forty people in the world have achieved - read more about Alison in her Member Spotlight
- Andrea Jung, President & CEO, Grameen America - First female CEO at a cosmetics company who wasn't also its founder, longest serving female CEO of a Fortune 500 company, first woman to serve as Chairman of the Cosmetic, Toiletry & Fragrance Association, and as Chairman of the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations - hear Andrea's take on The Power of Empathy at Mobilize Women
- Anjali Forber-Pratt, Paralympic Medalist; Assistant Professor, Vanderbilt - in 2011 set the world record for 200 m wheelchair racing
- Carly Patterson, American Olympic Gold Medalist, Gymnastics - part of the first US women to win a World Championship team title, and in 2004 she made history by becoming the first woman from the United States to take home gold in the all-around since Mary Lou Retton in 1984 - Carly Patterson on Pressure, Success, and Inspiring Others
- Haben Girma, Disability Rights Lawyer, Author, Speaker - First deafblind graduate of Harvard Law School - watch her video from Mobilize Women
- Halima Aden, Model, UNICEF Ambassador - First hijab-wearing high-fashion model on runways in New York and Milan, first Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model to wear hijab, burkini - hear Halima's story in this video from Mobilize Women 2019
- Hannah Beachler, Academy Award Winning Production Designer - First African American to not only be nominated for(and win) an Academy Award in the category of production design, first woman(and person of color) to work as a production designer on a Marvel superhero film - watch Hannah's acceptance speech for the 2019 International Woman of Change Award
- Jas Boothe, Army Veteran and President & Founder, Final Salute Inc - launched Prowess, the nation’s first all veteran modeling agency
- Jessica Bennet, journalist and author - was appointed The Times’ first gender editor in 2017 as part of an initiative to expand coverage of women and gender issues - watch this video of Jessica Bennet and Sallie Krawcheck in conversation at Mobilize Women 2017
- Kellie Gerardi, Aerospace & Defense Professional - Scientist-Astronaut Candidate with Project PoSSUM, the first crewed suborbital research program
- Madhulika Guhathakurta - NASA's lead scientist for the 2017 solar eclipse; led an international initiative known as the International Living With a Star that brings together all the space agencies of the world to contribute towards the scientific goal for understanding space weather
You deserve more.
No matter the challenge, you don't have to face it alone - but it’s up to you to take the first step. Join Ellevate to find the people you can trust, who understand what you’re going through, and who genuinely want to help you succeed.
Already a Member?