How We Are Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Ellevate's response to the COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) pandemic continues to evolve under the guidance of federal and local authorities. Please check back for latest developments and changes as we continue to put our community's health and safety first.
Update as of March 26th, 2020
To tackle the unique challenges facing women navigating the global pandemic while at work., we are excited to offer new resources and programming under three categories:
- The Action Guide: Our one-stop destination for articles, webinars, videos, podcasts, and other resources covering Remote Work & Staying Connected, Work & Mental Health, and Work-Life Balance & Integration is available free of charge for the duration of the novel coronavirus pandemic. You have a chance to submit your own questions to be answered by experts on the subject. We are continuing to keep The Action Guide up-to-date and provide ready-to-consume content. The Action Guide can be accessed at theactionguide.com
- Online Events: Expanding our online calendar, we have started offering different forms of online gatherings to help our community connect with others facing similar challenges, continue developing professional skills, and engage in discussions with local communities. The events offered include Webinars & Virtual Workshops for skill building, Virtual Community Meetings for local casual meet-ups such as book clubs and virtual happy hours, weekly Roundtables for corporate executives and business owners, as well as weekly Career Connects designed to provide a safe space to discuss workplace challenges. Online events calendar, which includes free and paid events, can be accessed here.
- Squads: Ellevate Squads are small, diverse groups of professional women at similar points in their careers, who are looking for a safe space to work through challenges, find clarity, give and receive honest feedback, and build the kinds of relationships that are proven to fuel their careers. In response to the pandemic, we have created a special cohort of Squads. A proven program with 73% of past participants reporting their squad gave them ideas, tools, and resources that they didn't have before, this particular cycle of the 12-week program will focus on the topic of Leading Through Uncertainty. Squads applications will open on April 6 with limited capacity, and will be available here, along with more information.
- In person events have been moved to an online/virtual format, postponed, or canceled until further guidance.
Update as of March 18th, 2020
- All in-person events scheduled for the remainder of March, April, and May will be either moved to an online/virtual format, postponed, or cancelled.
- Keep an eye on our online events here.
- Continue to access our COVID-19 FAQ section created in our Customer Support Center. Check it out here.
Update as of March 13th, 2020
- Ellevate Network CEO, Kristy Wallace, has penned a response letter to the global pandemic. Read here.
- All in-person events scheduled for March - Early April will be either moved to an online/virtual format, postponed, or cancelled.
- Transitioning from offline to online will create new and dynamic online opportunities for our community to stay connected and support each other.
- Dedicated COVID-19 FAQ section created in our Customer Support Center. Click here to access.
Update as of March 11th, 2020
All in-person events in the following locations have been moved online, postponed, or canceled. Please visit the respective Chapter pages for more information.
- Fairfield - Westchester
- New Jersey
- New York
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
In accordance with the state and city guidelines, and in order to ensure the safety of our team, Ellevate Network Offices in New York, NY will be closed starting March 13th 2020 until further notice. Ellevate Network will continue to operate online under the work from home policy.
Update as of March 5th, 2020
Let’s be honest: there’s a lot going on in the world right now. It’s easy to feel isolated and overwhelmed as you scroll through social media. As all of us prioritize our health - physical and mental - it’s important to stay connected with your people.
Meeting Up with Ellevate Online:
If you’ve been a part of one of one of our online events in the last 2 months, you may have noticed that our online webinars and workshops have had a little extra zest. Our presenters lead real-time exercises; you can download content to continue learning; and there’s the most chat engagement between attendees I’ve ever seen!
And as we continue to focus on creating spaces for our members to connect with each other, you’ll see our calendar fill up with a variety of online events that will give you the opportunity to meet and grow relationships with Ellevate members while brushing up on a topic that will help you grow in your career… all without leaving your desk(or kitchen table).
- Ellevate Squads: Thousands of you have applied for an Ellevate Squad - small, diverse groups of women at similar points in their career. Squads are already set up to meet via video conference starting the week of March 31st, so the program is continuing as planned; it’s never been more important that you have the support of your peers.
- Meeting Up with Ellevate In Person: The Ellevate team is closely monitoring the current events and the unfolding of COVID-19. Throughout this process, the health and well-being of our community is of utmost importance to our team.
At this time, our events are taking place as planned; some events may be moved online, and we’ll communicate directly about those as necessary.
With the upmost respect we ask you to use your best judgement and stay home if:
- You are sick or feeling you are getting sick
- You have a chronic condition or a weakened immune system
- You have recently been to Mainland China, Italy, Iran, South Korea, or any other strongly affected areas.
As much as we all love a handshake, if you do choose to attend please keep in mind these tips to keep yourself and others healthy:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Move to a hand over the heart or nod in place of a handshake or hug.
- In lieu of a business card swap, remember, Conversations is the perfect tool to connect with members before, and after the event.
Stay safe, and please reach out with any questions.
For more information about coronavirus, visit the CDC website.