How to get started:
Feel like you’re at a crossroads? Ellevate 101 introduces you to the community that can give you a career kickstart.
We’ll walk you through some light intros and give you space to connect about shared career experiences. You’ll also learn how to use your Ellevate program to continuously make moves towards success at work.
Our next live welcome session is .
Seven Powerful Tech Podcasts to Boost Your Career
Podcasts can do more than provide entertainment on your commute - they can help you boost your career by preparing you for a new field, immersing you in industry trends, and shining light on other companies in the space.
Pair podcasts with traditional career resources, which offer tips and a schedule to get your application materials in order. There are so many good podcasts that it can be hard to fit them into your schedule. I weave podcasts into my life by listening to them while commuting or working out.
[Related: Embrace Your Identity as a Professional Venn Diagram]
Here are seven top podcasts to boost your career in tech.
- Breaking Into Startups: This podcast is focused on discussing career transitions from non-tech to tech. Learn from conversations with people who have already made the change. One of the most inspiring stories is episode #31: Kenyatta Leal – Surviving San Quentin Prison By Walking The Last Mile into a Job in Tech.
- This Week in Tech (TWiT): Varying personalities get together on a weekly basis and talk about the latest tech news and current events. It’s hosted by on-air personality and technologist Leo Laport. The TWiT Network runs a ton of other tech podcasts with focuses ranging from security to Android, so you can get even more specific if you like.
- This Week in Startups (TWiS): If you’re interested in startups, this is the podcast for you! Angel investor and entrepreneur Jason Calacanis hosts high-energy conversations that go deep with a rotating cast of startup experts. You’ll learn how startups and angel investors operate and what they value.
- Y Combinator Startup School: Want to know more about founding a startup? Check out the Startup School episodes of this podcast. From the prominent accelerator Y Combinator, this series covers the dos and don’ts of launching a startup.
- Startup Chat: Hosted by serial founders Steli and Hinton. The dynamic duo discusses startups and business and strives to provide actionable insights for their listeners.
- Reply All: A fusion of entertainment, investigative reporting, and technology put on by Gimlet Media. Hosts PJ and Alex are so conversational and fun that it’s almost like hanging out with a group of your very own friends. I suggest starting with episode #130: Snapchat Thief. It’s one of my personal favorites.
Add these podcasts to your playlist today to strengthen your tech acumen!
[Related: Want to Actually Achieve the Goals You Set? Know Your Why]
Three bonus resources.
Boost your career a little more with three of my most used resources:
- Crunchbase: Research the company, founders, and their funding status before your first interview.
- The Ellevate Podcast: While not tech-specific, this gem covers the ins and outs of navigating your career.
Continued lifelong learning will help you build a resilient career. Pick a podcast and start listening today!
[Related: Pave Your Own Path to Find Freedom in Business]
Jenny Pollock is IMVU’s Lead Subscription Program Manager. She’s passionate about helping high tech companies grow and scale by focusing on customers. Her experience spans SaaS and hardware companies.
Have more questions? Follow up with the expert herself.
Lead Subscription Program Manager
Jenny Pollock is Together Labs’ Lead Subscription Program Manager. She’s passionate about helping high tech companies grow and scale by focusing on customers. Her experience spans SaaS and hardware companies. Jenny is devoted to creating sustainable and scalable systems to manage customer relationships. She has developed systems for customer education, worked to reduce churn, secured renewals, and partnered cross-functionally to bring product improvements to customers. Find her discussing all things tech on Twitter at @Jennykaypollock. ★ I... Continue Reading
Start your free membership to continue reading and learning from people who want to help you succeed.
Already have an account? Sign In.