Resources for Professional Women: Companies Investing in Their Female Employees
We all know that having a diverse workforce is great for business and the economy, yet corporations continue to have gender diversity challenges. It’s no surprise that more than a third of the Ellevate community believes that getting more women into senior leadership positions will lead to gender equality in business, and 39% of Ellevate members believe that engaging senior leadership works best to improve diversity in the workplace.
Senior leaders at these smart companies also understand that their employees are their greatest assets. Investing in your employees, especially your next generation of female leaders, will not only set your employees up for success, but will also elevate the firm in this rapidly changing marketplace. Firms who close the gender pay gap, provide paid parental leave, provide professional development opportunities, and offer flexible work arrangements will produce satisfied employees, reduce turnover, increase engagement, attract top talent and in turn see a positive impact on the bottom line.
Now more than ever is the time for corporations to invest in their female employees and further their diversity efforts from simply “checking the box” to actionable and sustainable solutions that drive change from within and elevate everyone. Together, we can close the gender gap in business.
Below, we recognize our corporate partners who have shown us that they are committed to investing in their female employees by partnering with Ellevate Network.
Ellevate Corporate Partners Investing in Their Female Employees
- Accenture: is a global professional services company who believes that focusing on attracting, inspiring, retaining, and advancing women is critical to its future.
- Charles Schwab: is one of the largest full-service investment firms in the country, offering a full range of brokerage, banking, money management and financial advisory services to individual investors and independent financial advisors.
- IBM: is a multinational technology company that recognizes the unique value and skills every individual brings to the workplace. They believe that innovation comes from seeking out and inspiring diversity in all its dimensions.
- ICAP: is a leading markets operator and provider of post trade risk mitigation and information services. They are committed to providing and promoting equality of opportunity in employment and advancement and an environment that ensures tolerance and respect for all employees.
- Shearman & Sterling: Shearman & Sterling: is a global law firm fosters diversity in perspectives and backgrounds to enhance the quality of its work and enrich its culture.
- AppNexus: is a global technology company whose cloud-based software platform enables and optimizes programmatic online advertising. Their mission is to create a better internet and believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive culture will help us get there by supporting innovation and better business outcomes while helping retain the best talent.
- SP+: is an American provider of parking facility management services. Their Women’s Advisory Forum (WAF) is dedicated to fostering growth, leadership and success for women.
- CEB: is a best practice insight and technology company. They believe a diverse workplace is critical to success in delivering insights, helps employees better understand the needs of global clients, and enables creativity and innovation.
- Freddie Mac: is a secondary mortgage market leader whose WIN: Women's Interactive Network supports the open exchange of ideas to help build a strong community of women at the company and encourages personal development through cross-divisional networking opportunities that offer exposure to all levels of employees.
- Natixis Global Asset Management – US: Natixis serves thoughtful investment professionals worldwide by applying risk-minded insights to empower more intelligent investing. The Women’s Leadership Initiative at Natixis promotes the growth and success of women and is accomplished through leadership development and learning, networking, and mentoring and sponsorship.
Employers Setting a Good Example
We also love these lists of companies that are great places for women to work.
- Working Mother 100 Best Companies
- Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Women
- Fairygodboss' Top 25 Companies for Women in 2016
- Diversity Women's BEST 100 Companies for Women’s Leadership Development
Ellevate is proud to work with many of the companies on this list because we believe that as a community of companies committed to closing the many gender gaps that exist today, the power of shared resources, knowledge, and passion is critical. Take a look at the complete list of companies here.
Want information on the companies investing in their female employees and more? Sign up for the Morning Boost to get curated content straight to your inbox.
Is there a business that you'd like us to include on this list? Want to be included on this list yourself? Email us at email@example.com.
Join Ellevate Now
In our community of experts, you’ll meet professional women committed to helping you succeed. We use the power of community to help you take the next step in your career.
Already a Member?