Resources for Professional Women: Disruptors
Disruptors are innovators in the world who turn business on its head to create something truly unique. At Ellevate Network we believe that the world can change for the better, and that many industries are ripe for a significant disruption. In a recent poll we asked Ellevate members which industries need to be disrupted: a quarter of Ellevate members said education, 22% said healthcare, 13% said finance, and 10% said the environmental industry. The good news is there are companies already working on creating innovations in all of these fields.
In our work at Ellevate Network, we’ve met some pretty amazing disruptors who are changing the game, while maintaining a focus on women. In a world where women's needs, health, and concerns have not historically been addressed, we need these businesses doing something brand new and totally different now more than ever.
Disruptors Changing the Game
- Maven: Maven was started to make it easier for women to get immediate, professional care, from someone they trust. Wherever they are, whenever they need it. They have built a network of doctors, nurse practitioners, mental health providers, and specialists in all areas of women’s and children’s health, and made it easy for women to connect with them directly via video appointment or private message—whether it’s for a prescription or just for peace of mind.
- Ellevest: An investment platform for women focused on closing the gender investing gap.
- Thinx: has created period-proof underwear that protects you from leaks and keeps you feeling dry.
- Mamava: is a business dedicated to transforming the culture of breastfeeding. Nursing moms are everywhere, and they need our support.
- Moxxly: thinks that modern moms deserve the best breast pump experience that technology, design, and empathy can deliver. And their product does just that.
- Pink Petro: a community with the right people, the right resources at the right time, together, to help women in energy succeed in their careers now and into the future. For companies it's a unique opportunity to help others Experience Energy™.
Ellevate is proud to work with many of the companies on this list because we believe that as a community of companies committed to closing the many gender gaps that exist today, the power of shared resources, knowledge, and passion is critical. Take a look at the complete list of companies here.
Want to know about the newest disruptors addressing the world's major concerns through business? Sign up for the Morning Boost to get curated content straight to your inbox.
Is there a business that you'd like us to include on this list? Want to be included on this list yourself? Email us at email@example.com.
Join Ellevate Now
In our community of experts, you’ll meet professional women committed to helping you succeed. We use the power of community to help you take the next step in your career.
Already a Member?