ICYMI: Best of Ellevate Network 2017
It’s that time of year when you start to think about what you have accomplished and what your hopes and goals are for the next year. At Ellevate, we’ve been in full-on planning mode for a while, but it never hurts to stop, take a breath, and think of how far we’ve come.
This year, we launched several innovative initiatives to help you network intentionally:
- We launched Conversations for Ellevate members to connect online, message each other and find the right people who can help them get ahead.
- Our Squads program -- a way for members to connect in smaller groups, dive deep into their career roadblocks and help each other succeed -- connected 1,728 women in 211 Squads.
- Our first Mobilizing the Power of Women Summit an annual event aimed at creating action towards gender equality
2017 was a crazy year for the whole world, and it was a busy year for us at Ellevate Network. In case you missed it, we've rounded up some of the best content from Ellevate for you to revisit.
Ellevate Events Around the World
If there’s one thing we know how to do, it is bringing together groups of powerful, smart, supportive women who want to succeed and help others succeed. In 2017, 20,370 people attended our 601 chapters events around the world, sponsored by 330 companies and featured 476 speakers. Between breakfasts and happy hours, that’s a lot of wine and coffee!
We know better than to play favorites with our events, but here are a few we think you should revisit:
Our Ellevate Dubai Chapter hosted its annual forum, this year focusing on creating lasting change by inspiring women to take action and ‘Own It’. Ellevate Los Angeles hosted a star-studded panel of women in Hollywood featuring Rose McGowan (activist, actor, filmmaker), Kamala Lopez (award-winning documentarian), Janet Yang (Emmy-winning producer), and Madeline Di Nonno (CEO, The Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media).
We celebrated Women’s History Month with 18 of our chapters around the world hosting documentary screenings of She Started It, a film focused on shining the light on women entrepreneurs -- it’s like the show Silicon Valley, but with women! 😉
We talked geopolitics with Ian Bremmer and Sallie Krawcheck; disruption and diversity on Wall Street, and how to engage men in the fight for gender equality. Did you hear Feminism is the word of the year? We had a feeling that could happen and hosted a Take Back Feminism panel early in the year.
And of course we’d be crazy not to mention our first big annual Mobilizing the Power of Women Summit. Hosted this summer in NYC, the Summit featured 30 world-class speakers like Zainab Salbi, Craig Newmark, Kelly Cutrone, Jessica Bennett, and Wade Davis. 250 women attended in person and 18,000 online. Watch the video highlights here.
Learn On-The-Go: Online Content
Looking to learn from experts and thought leaders? We got you covered. The best part about Ellevate’s online content is that it’s produced by the community for the community. Liked that Jam Session? Thought the last article you read was compelling? Reach out to the author. They’re part of *your* network.
Here are some of the best Jam Sessions of 2017 for you to access on-demand:
- Upping your Emotional Intelligence to Create a Happier, Healthier You - Tracy Brown
- The Key Financial Challenges Women Face - Naomi Mulgrave, Maddie S. Brooks
- Find Your Voice: Speaking Without Apology - Marisa Santoro
- Getting the Flexibility You Need to Succeed Is Easier Than You Think - Annie Dean, Anna Auerbach
- Turn Your Skills Into A Lifestyle Business - Sable Badaki
- Breaking Through Perfection to Thrive in Your Career - Neeta Bhushan
- Origin Stories: Crafting Your Personal Narrative - Hillary Rhea
- Content That Converts: Make Your Website, Social Media and Emails Work For You -Beatrice Perkins
- The Perks of Having a Personal Board of Directors - Sallie Krawcheck
- Making it as an Ambitious Introvert in an Extrovert's World - Morra Aarons Mele
Top read articles of 2017:
- Personal Rebranding: How To Be Seen Differently by Caroline Ceniza Levine
- The Single Biggest Mistake I've Seen Women Make at Work by Sallie Krawcheck
- How to Stop Taking Things Personally at Work by Solange Lopes
- Seven Tips For Succeeding as a Woman in a Man’s World by Susan P. Edwards
- The Top 5 Regrets Of Mid-Career Professionals by Kathy Caprino
- The 5 Commandments of Self-Promotion by Rachel Garrett, ACC, CPC
- Be a High Achiever Instead of a Workaholic by Caroline Dowd-Higgins
- How Being A Certified Woman Owned Business Can Help Grow Your Company by Ellevate Network from a Jam Session hosted by Jean Kristensen
- The Problem with Business Casual No One's Talking About by Leigh Sevin
- The Easiest Way to Add Hours to Your Day by Perry Yeatman
So. Many. #FemaleRoleModels
Every week on the Ellevate Podcast we get the chance to hear the story and advice from a woman (or a man, we like them too) who is doing great things. These are some of the top downloaded episodes of 2017:
- Episode 43: Setting and Achieving Goals with May Busch
- Episode 56: Wake Up to the Joy of You, with Agapi Stassinopoulos
- Episode 40: Getting Out Of A Career Rut With Nancy Halpern
- Episode 51: Avoiding Burnout, with Emilie Aries
- Episode 45: Flex-Work, Life and Motherhood, with Manon DeFelice
- Episode 50: Fearless Girl and Fearless Women, with Kristy Wallace
- Episode 67: Getting Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable, with Audrey Bellis
- Episode 46: New Leaders And Role Models, With Janet Balis
- Episode 59: Amplifying Women's Voices with Mary Mazzio
- Episode 68: #WomenNotObjects, With Madonna Badger
2017 Was a Year of Growth and Commitment. Women Supporting Women.
We welcomed 6,600 new members to Ellevate Network; 3,700 women received a membership from employer, mentor or friend; and 33 companies made the decision of investing in their female employees by working with Ellevate.
We’ve launched innovative products like Squads, our online program to connect small, hand-picked groups of driven professional women who support each other in reaching their goals. 1728 women in 211 Squads chose to invest their time to help each other succeed (and it was a significant amount of time -- 75,960 minutes of Squad meetings to be exact.)
We know that the power of Ellevate Network comes from the women in the community -- all of our achievements are your achievements, so thank you for making 2017 a year of innovation, connections, and overall awesomeness. Here’s to making 2018 even better!
Join Ellevate Now
In our community of experts, you’ll meet professional women committed to helping you succeed. We use the power of community to help you take the next step in your career.
Already a Member?