10 Reasons Why You Need a Digital Detox
The digital life we live in is delivering constant stimulation, capturing our attention and directing it in a million different directions. This threatens every aspect of our vitality as human beings. To be successful requires sustained focus, it requires delaying immediate gratification for long-term gains, and it requires caring for our whole-health system.
While our health and well-being have certainly benefitted by advances in technology in some areas, we must also be aware of the risks and side-effects our digital lifestyle carries with it.
If you can relate to any of the situations below, it may be time for a digital detox!
1. You're overwhelmed and stressed out.
2. You love your spouse/partner/child/friend/family member and want to have a great relationship with them.
3. You're waking up feeling unrested in the morning or tired during the day.
4. You have goals you want to accomplish and you need to be productive.
5. You are feeling unhappy, dissatisfied, or discontent with your current life.
6. You have come to expect instant gratification and are reliant on constant stimulation.
7. You care about your overall health and well-being.
8. You want to be GREAT, not just OKAY at your life.
9. You're feeling down, depressed, jealous or you believe that you're not good enough.
10. You are committed to growth and want to learn more about yourself and your unique limitless potential.
These are just a few reasons why I recommend scheduling periodic digital detoxing. For more about how to implement a detox, check out How To Unplug: A Guide To Digital Detoxing in the blog section of my website.
Founder at Evanly
Have more questions? Follow up with the expert herself.
Evanly Health Strategy & Coaching
Transformational whole-health strategy & coaching for the complex demands of life today. Specializing in 8 week programs for digital detox, restore & revitalize, lifestyle archtecture (life-crafting). Opening up a digital detox day spa just outside Woodinville, WA in 2019! Married to my soul mate, with two beautiful boys, a bunny and chickens! Continue Reading
Join Ellevate Now
In our community of experts, you’ll meet professional women committed to helping you succeed. We use the power of community to help you take the next step in your career.
Already a Member?