2018 Year in Review
The year is coming to a close, and what better excuse to review your accomplishments and set the intention for where you want to go next year. 2018 was a big year for us at Ellevate; not only did we expand our community, but also strengthened our team, partnerships and programs. All with the intention of helping you meet the right people.
- We welcomed 10,023 women to our community, all of them committed to helping each other succeed.
- We had 3,004 applications for Ellevate Squads — small, diverse groups of women who can give you the support and insight you need to get to the next stage of your career.
- We gave out 254 EllevateHER Scholarships to women who could benefit from Ellevate, but who can’t afford membership.
- 44 companies decided to join Ellevate as corporate partners, granting membership to 5,604 of their women employees.
Everything we offer at Ellevate is designed to facilitate genuine, lasting connections. Our community continues to inspire and guide each other towards individual success and social change. We’re ready for an even bigger and more exciting 2019, a year in which we can give you the community you need to take the next step in your career, whatever that means to you.
Thank you for being a part of Ellevate and for making 2018 a year of growth, commitment to our Values, and focus on the power of community.
In case you missed it, we've rounded up some of the best content from Ellevate for you to revisit and make sure you’re ready to take 2019 head on!
Ellevate Events Around the World
Ellevate events are known for being the best in the business. Let’s face it — we know how to get inspiring, motivated and uplifting thought leaders together, and it’s all because of the power of our community. In 2018, 27,855 people attended our 974 in-person events around the world sponsored by 429 companies and featuring 883 speakers.
From Coffee Chats to Mentoring Meetups to panels of inspirational speakers from all fields, when you attend one of our events you meet face to face with women who have been in your shoes, know about industries outside of your own, and want to see you succeed.
We talked Defining Success on Your Own Terms, How to Master a Later-Stage Career Pivot, Secrets HR Professionals Would Not Usually Share, and the state of the world and geopolitics with Sallie Krawcheck and Ian Bremmer.
Our Dubai Chapter hosted its annual Forum, this year focusing on helping you adapt to new technologies, develop emotional resilience, and walk away with a clear action plan to future-proof your professional and personal life. Our LA Chapter hosted a panel on Women Leaders at High-Growth Companies, gathering a star-studded line-up of women leaders from some of the fastest-growing companies in the area to share their career advice and tips on how to lead in a high-growth environment.
To celebrate International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month we hosted screenings of Miss Representation across 30 of our Chapters. Miss Representation exposes how the media's limiting portrayal of women and girls contributes to their underrepresentation in positions of power and influence.
And how could we not mention our second annual Mobilize Women Summit in NYC, a full day event convening thought leaders in business, media, science, sports and more to discuss actionable solutions to create a more equal world. With an incredible line-up of speakers, from NASA astrophysicists to authors, advocates and leaders of Fortune 500 companies, we couldn’t ask for a more inspiring, candid and thought-provoking discussion.(Psst we’re doing it again next year, and early bird tickets are available now.)
Expert Content Online
We’ve always been extremely proud of the treasure trove of expert resources available online for our community, and each year we make sure we’re showcasing and putting together the content you need to get ahead. In 2018 17,899 people tuned-in to our 68 Jam Sessions and we had 572,270 visits to expert resources.
In 2018 we launched Playbooks, a better way to help Ellevate members find answers to their biggest career questions. Ellevate Playbooks are guides with content specific to your professional goals, all provided by the experts who are already in your network. Looking to become a more confident negotiator? To network more effectively? To better manage your personal finances? We got you.
Here are some of the best Jam Sessions of 2018 for you to access on-demand:
- Building an Authentic Personal Brand as a Leader - Kristy Wallace, CEO, Ellevate Network
- Finances and Your Career in Your 20s, 30s, 40s And Beyond: A Special Jam Session with Ellevest
- Land Your Dream Job Without Applying: Everything You Need to Know about LinkedIn Networking - Lisa Frumin, Leadership and Career Coach - CEO, The Heart Alchemist LLC
- Becoming a More Effective Leader: Strategic Influence at Work - Miriam Grobman, Founder and CEO, Miriam Grobman Consulting
- The 4 Best Practices to Negotiating with Confidence - Daniel Ames(Ph.D.), Professor at Columbia Business School and Kim Karetsky, Founder and CEO, KHK Leadership and Learning
- Women, Success & Self Sabotage: How to Be More, Do More, and Have More - Debra Boulanger, CEO and Founder, The Great Do-Over, Inc.
Top read articles of 2018:
- How to Stop Taking Things Personally at Work by Solange Lopes
- 10 Insider Lessons for Surviving the Corporate World by Samia Hasan
- How Being A Certified Woman Owned Business Can Help Grow Your Company by Ellevate Network from a Jam Session hosted by Jean Kristensen
- 5 Things Successful Women Do That Others May Not by Adrienne Monson
- 5 Things You Can Do To Improve Gender Equality Today by Maricella Herrera
- 6 Ways You May Be Holding Yourself Back In Relationships by Chloe Carmichael
- Networking at Work: How to Accelerate Your Professional Growth and Build Your Career by Ellevate Network, based on a Jam Session hosted by Eliza Shanley
- The Top 5 Regrets Of Mid-Career Professionals by Kathy Caprino
- Personal Rebranding: How To Be Seen Differently by Caroline Ceniza Levine
- 8 Game-Changing Strategies to Become More Influential at Work by Connie Wedel
Most downloaded Ellevate Podcast episodes of 2018:
- Expanding Your Wealth Through Personal Finance, with Natali Morris
- Ditching Perfectionism, with Jodi Flynn
- Getting Women to the C-Suite, with Archana Ravichandran
- Switching Industries and Thriving, with Katie Abouzahr
- Realizing the Power of the Individual, with Elizabeth Zeigler
- Social Networking 101, with Maria Granovsky
- Recognizing Opportunity, with Hannah and Jade Sullivan
- Building an A-Team, with Whitney Johnson
- Modernizing Marketing, with Kate Edwards
- This Is What An“Innovative Solution” Actually Looks Like, with Laura Atwell
Join Ellevate Now
In our community of experts, you’ll meet professional women committed to helping you succeed. We use the power of community to help you take the next step in your career.
Already a Member?