10 Ways to Celebrate Women’s History Month
Have you heard? Women’s History Month is in March and we’re already planning how we’re going to celebrate at Ellevate. Looking to find ways you can celebrate Women’s History Month near you? We’re here to help.
Ways You Can Celebrate Women's History Month
- Read a short history lesson on Women's History month - what exactly is Women's History Month? Why is Women’s History Month in March? Here’s a resource to give you all of the answers.
- Get inspired by some of our women role models - we’ve even put together a list of our favorite inspirational quotes that showcase women’s power.
- Write a letter to a woman who inspires you saying thank you - and while you’re at it, take the time to write one for yourself. Showing love to women who inspire us is a beautiful thing, but we can't stress enough the importance of self-love.
- Share your favorite quotes from awesome women doing amazing things - and to make it simple, we designed a template for you to use! Stay tuned for more release details.
- Support a women-owned business or organization - be sure to check out our most recent Ellevate Gift Guide for a few of our favorites!
- Look for a local women’s shelter, women’s organization or a women’s health clinic and volunteer in your community. Take the time this month to give back to the women near you who need it the most.
- Mentor a young woman and share your experience and expertise. At Ellevate, we’ve established the perfect set-up to do this. Learn more about our Mentoring Meetups offered for Ellevate members here. Know a woman who could use Ellevate membership but might not be able to afford it herself? We have a program for that — share EllevateHER with her today.
- Watch a movie or documentary on a powerful woman of influence. Our current favorite? RBG! We’re even hosting screenings across a bunch of our Ellevate Chapters, so you can celebrate Women’s History Month near you! Check out Ellevate Events for more details on finding a screening closest to you.
- Trying to figure out how to celebrate at work? Send an email each week showcasing different women employees in the office from all levels and departments. Here’s an example of what we did for inspiration.
- Read a book by a woman who inspires you - our current favorite is Brave, Not Perfect by Reshma Saujani. Don’t miss our special open to the public Ellevate Jam Session with her this April. Reserve your spot now!
To see more on what we’re up to during Women’s History Month, be sure to follow us on Instagram
@ellevate_ntwk and tag us on your IWD celebrations!
*Photo Credit: Marc Nozell
Join Ellevate Now
In our community of experts, you’ll meet professional women committed to helping you succeed. We use the power of community to help you take the next step in your career.
Already a Member?