Designing Your Career
New York, NY • January 13, 2020
Use design thinking principles to help you envision and move toward the next phase of your career.
Monday, January 13, 2020 6:15 PM - 9:00 PM ESTPivot Office
New York, NY 10004
Ready to design the next stage of your life and career?
Interested in a better way to network and find opportunities?
Want to feel in control of and genuinely excited by your career?
Pivot’s Designing Your Career Workshop uses design thinking principles to help you envision and start moving toward the next phase of your career.
Design thinking is about clarifying the problem you want to solve, ideating, and testing out solutions that help build your way forward. We often forget to apply design thinking principles to our careers!
No matter the stage you're at, this workshop will help you map out the next five years of your career and identify opportunities to move forward and make good choices.
You’ll use design thinking techniques to help you crystallize clear actions and communication strategies as you move forward in your career.
In 2 1/2 hours, you will:
- Shift your career planning approach out of your head to actually building your way forward
- Create multiple options for the next five years of your career and life
- Go deeper into your five-year plans to find areas you want to prototype (test out)
- Practice using a design thinking framework to have more effective networking conversations that lead you to more opportunities and better choices
- Participate in a workshop-wide ideation exercise allowing you to walk away with new ideas and connections to the people doing the type of work you want to do
- Get handy templates and worksheets to support you in designing the next phase of your life and career
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.