Living Room Conversations: "Gender"
Online • February 17, 2020
In this conversation, we will explore biological sex, gender identity, and gender expression to better understand how these concepts impact your life and the lives of others.
Monday, February 17, 2020 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM EST
What’s the big deal about gender? In this conversation we will explore biological sex, gender identity, and gender expression to better understand how these concepts impact your life and the lives of others. We will use the following definitions:
- Biological Sex- refers to the biological anatomy of an individual’s reproductive system, and secondary sex
- characteristics (male, female, intersex, etc.)
- Gender Identity- an individual’s concept/identity of themself (man, woman, trans, gender non conforming, etc.)
- Gender Expression- how individuals present themselves (masculine, feminine, androgynous, etc.)
HERE is the conversation guide. The questions explored include:
- What roles have you learned about gender from parents, school, peers, media, faith?
- Which do you hold true? And which do you break?
- What do gender and biological sex mean to you? Are they interchangeable, do they conflict with each other?
- What do masculinity and femininity mean to you? How do you express masculinity and femininity?
- What is something you would do if you could break the rules or roles of gender for a day?
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.