Conversations New York: Nurturing Our Friendships: How to Enhance Your Relationships
New York, NY • February 19, 2020
We'll make a little history this evening, being one of 150 groups across 40 countries selected to pioneer the TED Circles program.
Wednesday, February 19, 2020 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM ESTHunter College
Entrance at Lexington Ave. and 68th St.
West Building Faculty Dining Room, 8th floor
New York, NY 10065
Our conversations will be inspired by this 16-minuteTED Talk by Shasta Nelson:https://www.ted.co/talk/shasta_nelson_frientimacy_the_3_requirements_of_all_healthy_friendships?language=en The speaker, Shasta Nelson, is the author of Frienticacy: How to Deepen Friendships for Lifelong Health and Happiness, and writes about relationship health for The Huffington Post.
Among the issues for the evening's Conversations will be:
- How loved and supported do you feel by your friends?
- How do you cultivate friendships where both of you feel heard?
- Nelson’s formula for nurturing friendships includes positivity, consistency, and vulnerability. Do you agree?
- Which friend-nurturing practices could help your friendships the most? How can you create space for more of them in your friendships in the near future?
- Do do you think connectedness is correlated with the significant health issues? How does that make you feel?
- Is there anyone in whom you want to invest in more, to enhance your friendship? If yes, what makes you want to invest in this friendship? What action will you take to invest in this friendship?
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.