Join our virtual Corporate Executive Roundtable. A weekly, safe, online space for Executive women to connect peer-to-peer through casual conversation guided by Ellevate CEO, Kristy Wallace.
Thu, Jun 18, 2020 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
This week's topic:
Framing Your Story to Connect
An interactive storytelling exercise and discussion to help our participants perfect their personal 'elevator pitch'.
Telling your own professional story grounded in your experience and values is key to developing the relationships and networks you desire. For some of us this comes easy, and many of us, we need frameworks to share our story effectively at the next networking, business development, or professional event.
Our Guest Expert, Surabhi Lal, will open the event and cover the below elements:
- My Story
- Why A Story Who is Your Audience What Grounds You:
- What do you value?
- What are your skills?
- Where Do You Spend Your Time:
- What do you do for work, volunteer, hobbies?
- Where are you going?
Breakout Room exercise:
What Is Your Story? Pick Three Key Points & Frame Your Story through one of these lenses: Chronologically, Thematically, Skill-Based
Having limited physical contact doesn't have to mean complete disconnection. It also doesn't mean you have to put your professional goals on hold. And we're certain it hasn't halted the challenges you're facing on a weekly, daily, or even hourly basis from your job.
Through the years, we’ve built a coalition of courageous, dedicated and kind women who show up for each other. As we all navigate a new normal, a world that is relying on us distancing (literally) from each other for the greater good and the stability of our communities, we understand that this group is more relevant than ever before.
It's an opportunity to connect, crowd-source solutions, receive and give support, and brainstorm ideas and innovation in these uncharted times. And it's weekly! So you can know, and trust in, us being there for you now, and into the future.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Our weekly Roundtables are designed for participant interaction. It’s a place you can be yourself and be comfortable sharing and showing up for others.
Come ready to:
- Have your video on. Visible communication is important.
- Try to be somewhere quiet and fosters good focus.
- Share whats going on in your world, and/or something relevant to the topic or your peers:
- a problem/challenge you’re facing, or;
- an idea or solution for someone else, or;
- a practice, or funny anecdote that might help others.
- Share resources that helped you(a great book or leadership strategy)
- Continue Member connections and conversations even after the call.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.