5 leading women share how they got to the top by changing things up and navigating their own path so that you can, too.
Wed, Dec 9, 2020 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM MST
When it comes to women excelling and leading in the workforce, how do we get to the top?
Does the title of COO, CEO or Director require an MBA degree, the right college major, years and years of industry experience and getting promoted from within the same organization?
Or, could it be that the path to leadership--C Suite, Director and Manager--is in fact non-linear. What if your undergraduate major, initial industry sector and past experience were merely details and not a direct correlation of your ability to lead?
In this Ellevate Network event, we’ll hear from four female leaders and our moderator who fall into the latter.
These women are at the top in their field with diverse backgrounds and experiences. And they are committed to bringing other women up alongside them.
As you think about your leadership goals for 2021, we invite you to come, to listen, and to generate your action plan.
- Dr. Alison Denton went from education to COO of a SaaS company.
- Christine Rogers went from Insurance sales and small business ownership to President and COO of a sales education+hiring platform.
- Kalpa Gupta went from research associate in telecom to Director of Small Business management for Zelle.
- In undergrad, Lauri Hoffher received a Bachelors Degree of Journalism and Advertising however, she has spent the past ten years as a leader in the often male dominated field of Product management.
- Moderator Toni Purry has had a rich background from Market Development Manager in tourism to freelance publicist to CEO and Author.
The Non-Linear path to leadership will be equal parts panel, an inner power purpose session and an opportunity to remind you that you are capable of any career role no matter your background or experience.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
- 11:00 am MST Event Opening: Jaclyn Mullen, Ellevate Phoenix Leadership Team
- 11:05 am-11:45 am MST Panel
- 11:45 am -11:55 pm MST Q+A
- 11:55 pm-12:00 pm MST Closing Remarks
**Please note, 11:00 am MST is 10:00 am pacific time//1:00 pm eastern.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.