The Ellevate Managers’ Program serves as space for people managers to come together once a month for support, advice, and to share in their experiences of building and managing teams.
Wed, Mar 17, 2021 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
This Week's Topic: Managing Up
Managing up is a challenge you’ve probably already faced. From the start of your career, you are not only managing your time and your efficiency, but also managing other’s expectations of your work.
As you begin to have people who report to you, nobody tells you that you not only have to manage up for yourself, but that you also need to manage up for the people who report to you.
You are your team’s first line of defense, and there will be many times you’ll need to stand up and help them navigate the complex organizational landscape.
Join us for this Roundtable to discuss tips and tricks on how to manage up and make sure you’re clearing the path for your teams to be successful.
This Roundtable is a part of Ellevate's Managers Program.
Ellevate’s five programs (Executives, Entrepreneurs, Managers, Rising Leaders, and Career Changers) offer a variety of flexible ways to learn alongside peers, including Roundtables, Workshops, Mentoring Meetups, and our 12-Week Squads Program.
How can you join the Managers Program?
- All programs - including Squads - are free with $40 a month Pro Access.
- Or, get $5 off tickets for $5 a month with Basic Access.
- Or, buy full price tickets for $10 with Limited Access.
As an empathetic manager, you can change the world. Our program is a space for new and experienced people managers to work through the questions - the ones they can’t just google - with trusted peers and experts. In the program, you'll become the kind of manager that can both build an inclusive culture and hit your goals.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
- 4:00 - 4:15: Thought Leadership from guest Expert
- 4:15 - 4:50: Facilitated group discussion (main room or across numerous breakout rooms
- 4:50 - 5:00: Key takeaway sharing
Come ready to:
- Have your video on. Visible communication is important.
- Try to be somewhere quiet and fosters good focus.
- Share whats going on in your world, and/or something relevant to the topic or your peers:
- a problem/challenge you’re facing, or;
- an idea or solution for someone else, or;
- a practice, or funny anecdote that might help others.
- Share resources that helped you(a great book or leadership strategy)
- Continue Member connections and conversations even after the call.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.