Career Changers Roundtable: How To Negotiate A Better Starting Salary (And Other Negotiables)
Online • January 8, 2021
Join us twice-monthly to discuss all things career-change-related through structured conversation, rotating special guests and topics, and a safe space for us to connect. Hosted by Laura Browne.
Friday, January 8, 2021 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EST
This week's topic: How To Negotiate A Better Starting Salary (And Other Negotiables)
When you get a job offer, you want to accept right away BUT should you negotiate for more money? Research shows that women are less likely than men to ask for a higher salary. Learn a key question that can help your salary negotiation and how to prepare and ask in a way that will make it more likely to get a positive response. We'll also cover other possible negotiables that you can request.
Our Host, Laura Browne, Ellevate Phoenix Co-President, Author of A Salary Cinderella Story (Or How To Make More Money Without A Fairy Godmother) and Founder, Career Tips For Women
This is a part of Ellevateʼs Career Changers Program.
Ellevate’s five programs (Executives, Entrepreneurs, Managers, Rising Leaders, and Career Changers) offer a variety of flexible ways to learn alongside peers, including Roundtables, Workshops, Mentoring Meetups, and our 12-Week Squads Program.
How can you join the Career Changers Program?
- All programs - including Squads - are free with $40 a month Pro Access.
- Or, get $5 off tickets for $5 a month with Basic Access.
- Or, buy full price tickets for $10 with Limited Access.
Change happens when you find the courage to take your first step. Our program is a space for professionals to find the confidence they need to make a lasting career change. Whether you’re switching industries, leaving an unfulfilling job, going back to school, or returning to the workforce, you’ll learn from peers and experts who will help you make your vision a reality.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Our Roundtables are designed for participant interaction. It’s a place you can be yourself and be comfortable sharing and showing up for others.
- 1 - 1:20: Topic presentation
- 1:20 - 1:45: Facilitated group discussion (main room or across numerous breakout rooms)
- 1:45 - 2:00: Questions and key takeaway sharing
Come ready to:
- Have your video on. Visible communication is important.
- Try to be somewhere quiet that fosters good focus.
- Share what’s going on in your world, and/or something relevant to the topic or your peers:
- a problem/challenge you’re facing, or;
- an idea or solution for someone else, or;
- a practice, or funny anecdote that might help others.
- Share resources that helped you (a great book or leadership strategy)
- Continue Member connections and conversations even after the call.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.