Austin Personal and Professional Development Speaker Series Presents: How To Build A Successful Career In A Future With Uncertainty
Online • January 14, 2021
If a career is built out of a series of jobs, how do you build a successful career when the new economy consists of fewer jobs? Join us to learn successful strategies for thriving in this new reality.
Thursday, January 14, 2021 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM CST
If a career is built out of a series of jobs, how do you build a successful career when the new economy consists of fewer jobs? Automation/ AI, industry consolidation, and changing workplace norms are all converging towards a future job market with fewer jobs, shorter employment stints, and more uncertainty. In this interactive workshop, Caroline Ceniza-Levine, career coach, media expert on the job market, and longtime Ellevate member, shares three strategies for thriving in the face of these new realities:
- Entrepreneurship is the new employment. How can you inject an entrepreneurial approach (even if you remain a W2 employee)?
- Money management is now part of everyone’s job description. How can you build a financial foundation that supports you in an increasingly uncertain economy?
- Brand is the new resume. How do you maintain a well-connected and well-respected brand when your roles (and employers) are constantly changing? Is the traditional resume dead?
We encourage you to submit questions ahead of time: HERE
This is a part of Ellevate's Rising Leaders and Career Changers Programs.
Ellevate’s five programs (Executives, Entrepreneurs, Managers, Rising Leaders, and Career Changers) offer a variety of flexible ways to learn alongside peers, including Roundtables, Workshops, Mentoring Meetups, and our 12-Week Squads Program.
How can you join a program?
- All programs - including Squads - are free with $40 a month Pro Access.
- Or, get $5 off tickets for $5 a month with Basic Access.
- Or, buy full price tickets for $10 with Limited Access.
Change happens when you find the courage to take your first step. Our program is a space for professionals to find the confidence they need to make a lasting career change. Whether you’re switching industries, leaving an unfulfilling job, going back to school, or returning to the workforce, you’ll learn from peers and experts who will help you make your vision a reality.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.