Join us for a virtual conversation with Monica Malik on how to build a community mindset and creating time to be more involved.
Thu, Jan 21, 2021 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM EST
Doing more for our community is a common resolution, goal, or aspiration. Yet, giving more of our time and efforts can be difficult to balance with an already demanding schedule. In this facilitated virtual conversation, Monica Malik will join us to discuss how to better integrate community involvement into our lives.
Ms. Malik brings a wealth of experience on developing and living out a "community mindset." In addition to being a business owner, corporate leader, consultant and entrepreneur, she also served as the events committee lead for the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and is the Executive Director for #ATU Athletic Trauma Unit. She is currently a Program Manager for Allegheny Health Network's Community Health Department of Innovations. In our conversation, Ms. Malik will discuss different roles she's taken on in her professional and personal life and how she's incorporated community involvement.
Tips for getting the most out of this event:
- Try to be somewhere quiet that fosters good focus.
- Have your video on. Visible communication and engagement makes it easier and more enjoyable for all of us.
- Share what's going on in your world and/or something relevant to the topic or your peers:
- A problem or challenge you are facing;
- An idea or solution for someone else; or
- A practice, story or funny anecdote that might help others.
- Share resources that have helped you (a great book, a poignant podcast, a practical strategy).
- Reach out to other members before the event to introduce yourself.
- Continue member connections and conversations after the event.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
7:30 - 7:45 AM - Thought leadership from guest, Monica Malik
7:45 - 8:15 AM - Facilitated group discussion
8:15 - 8:30 AM - Sharing key takeaways
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.