Partnering with Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses, get ready for a diverse panel of small business owners each ready to share their unique stories aimed to inspire, motivate, and educate.
Wed, Feb 17, 2021 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM EST
There is a lot to celebrate when it comes to women-owned businesses:
- The US has 12.3 million women-owned businesses.
- US women-owned businesses generate $1.8 trillion a year.
- 40% of US businesses are women-owned.
- Women started 1,821 net new businesses every day last year.
- 64% of new women-owned businesses were started by women of color last year.
- Latina women-owned businesses grew more than 87%.
-- Fundera, Dec 2020
However, now, more than ever in our generation's history, we need to support and strengthen small businesses. They are critical to our global economy, our employment rates, and societal innovation. The pandemic dealt a severe blow but with the tactical support of programs like Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses, and the immeasurable power of our network, we can rise again and grow the businesses we love - thus shaping the world we want to see.
Our panel of small business owners, sharing their journeys with us, will inspire, reinvigorate passion, spark hope, and pass on the game-changing lessons that guided and shaped their career paths.
Ellevate and Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses are thrilled to bring these voices to the stage and create awareness of the 10KSB program to all in our SME community.
About Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses is an education program for small businesses that links learning to action. The program is an investment in small businesses like yours to strengthen and sustain your business, as well as help generate revenue, create jobs, and catalyze economic growth in your community.
“The growth plan I created while in 10KSB allowed me to be prepared for the unexpected outcomes of COVID-19. I planned to expand, I just had not considered the expansion would be digitally.” - Covesa Gragg, owner of Covesa Kelley Events
Key highlights of the program:
- The program is offered at no cost to the business owner – every business owner selected receives a full scholarship funded by the Goldman Sachs Foundation
- Within 6 months of graduating 67% of scholars reported increasing revenues and 47% of scholars added new jobs
- Put together a unique, customized 5-year growth plan that you can immediately implement in your business to drive growth
10KSB produced many success stories nationwide and they invite you to be next. You should apply if you generally meet the following guidelines:
- $75,000 or more in revenue
- 2+ employees, including the owner
- 2+ years in operation
10KSB is proud to count numerous women-owned businesses among their alumni and we invite you to apply and join them. Please don’t hesitate to contact them at email@example.com or (617) 238-3022.
Invest in your future and apply today: www.10ksbapply.com
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
12:30 PM - 1:15 PM: Panel Discussion
1:15 PM - 2:00 PM: Breakout Rotations - Meet the panelists
All times are Eastern Standard Time.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.