85 Broads Hong Kong Chapter MBA Panel 2009
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island • June 15, 2009
85 Broads is proudly hosting a panel consisting of MBA graduates and a recruiter for those who are considering applying for business school in the future. Join us for an informal panel at Kee Club ...
Monday, June 15, 2009 8:30 PM - 10:00 PM EDTKee Club
6/F, 32 Wellington Street
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island
85 Broads is proudly hosting a panel consisting of MBA graduates and a recruiter for those who are considering applying for business school in the future.
Join us for an informal panel at Kee Club on the evening of Monday, June 15 where you can hear from and ask a group of MBA graduates from various international schools, an MBA consultant and a recruiter from a bulge-bracket investment bank regarding the pros + cons of attending business school. The panelists bring diverse backgrounds ranging from business, start-ups, media, NGOs and finance. Come along for what would be an interesting and useful evening!
The panelists include:
· Diana David – Diana is the Financial Times’ Regional Circulation & Business Development Director. Diana has 10+ years experience in media and private equity. She has worked as a business development executive and strategy consultant for media companies including Time Warner, Bertelsmann, Dun & Bradstreet, Penton Media/Internet World, British Telecom, and Dacom Korea. At The Pacific Group she managed venture investments in new media, telecom and retail across Asia. She started her career as a media assistant to Dr. Henry Kissinger. Diana has an MBA from Columbia University and is on the Executive Board of the Society of Publishers Asia.
· Alex Grove – After graduating from Harvard University, Alex moved to Beijing to work as a management consultant with Monitor Group. He subsequently received an MBA from the Wharton School, after which he joined Morgan Stanley’s Principal Investments Group, covering China. In 2008 he co-founded WhizDream, an education consultancy focused on MBA application consulting, and authored an MBA application strategy guide.
· Leo Ma – Leo Ma is the Chief Operating Officer of eeVoices Limited, a Hong Kong based multi-line human resources service company. Leo commits extensively to the community and various associations in Hong Kong such as Membership Committee and Corporate Governance Coach of The Hong Kong Institute of Directors; Advisor and the ex-Founding President of HKU MBA Entrepreneurship Club; Vice Chairman of Senior HR Forum; Vice Chairman of Business Exchange Club; and as a Distinguished Guest Speaker at Hong Kong . He has completed his BBA degree concentrating in Marketing and Management Information Systems in Simon Fraser University and his MBA degree in the HKU and London Business School MBA Partnership Program.
· Brett Rierson – Brett has a diverse background that includes experience in the private sector, politics, and humanitarian relief. Most recently he served as Deputy Managing Director of the Clinton Global Initiative in Asia. Brett currently serves as a non-executive director of the UN World Food Programme’s HK Friends organization. He also advises both wealthy families and individuals, and several nonprofits. He has resided in Asia since 1988, apart from periods in Paris and London. He has worked for A.T. Kearney, in his own venture capital funds, and founded OverseasVote.com, inventing the first online absentee voter registration tool. In the field, he has worked on infrastructure development for Matra Transport, for the Aga Khan Rural Support Program in Pakistan, and for educational NGOs in East Africa. He has an MBA from INSEAD, and two B.A. degrees in Journalism and History from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is a Trustee of the INSEAD Alumni Fund, responsible for the Asia-Pacific region, and on the board of advisors of INDEVOR, INSEAD’s Forum for Development, CSR, and Sustainability.
· John Wong – John is currently the Head of Asia Revenue Experienced Recruiting for Goldman Sachs. Prior to Goldman, he worked at Merrill Lynch New York for 2 years as the Head of Markets Experienced Recruiting. Before Merrill Lynch, he spent 12 years with JP Morgan in different capacities: 6 years in Investment Banking including a 3-year assignment in Debt Capital Markets Origination in Hong Kong; 6 years in human capital including campus and experienced recruiting, training, and talent management. He is an alumnus of Providence College.
Event 85 Broads Hong Kong Chapter MBA Panel
Date Monday, June 15 2009
Time 7.30pm – 9.00pm
Location Kee Club, 6/F, 32 Wellington St, Central, HK
Price $180 per person, includes standard drink and canapes
All are welcome to this event. Please feel free to forward along. Space is limited though so please reserve a spot soon.
Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.