Join us to discuss all things career-change-related through structured conversation, rotating special guests and topics. Guest speaker: Debra Larson, FranklinCovey. Hosted by Laura Browne.
Fri, May 7, 2021 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
“Nothing annoys me more than when someone only connects with me because they want something,” says today’s guest, Debra Larson. One of my greatest joys and resources is the years I have spent “collecting people.” There is something magical about learning what others are really good at, connecting two people who really should meet, and giving help before you need it yourself. She recommends a continuous process of networking to learn more about different jobs, to find people who help you grow, challenge you, think with you….and then, when you can really use their help – they are thrilled to be asked.
Debra’s passion around building “reciprocal networks” is contagious and will provide practical guidance for your career ….and career change.
Join us the first Friday of the month for Career Changers Roundtables.
This is a part of Ellevate's Career Changers Program.
Ellevate’s five programs (Executives, Entrepreneurs, Managers, Rising Leaders, and Career Changers) offer a variety of flexible ways to learn alongside peers, including Roundtables, Workshops, Mentoring Meetups, and our 12-Week Squads Program.
How can you join the Career Changers Program?
- All programs are full price with Limited Access.
- Or, get $5 off all tickets to program experiences with Basic Access.
- Or, get an All Access Pass to program experiences - including Squads - with Pro Access.
Change happens when you find the courage to take your first step. Our program is a space for professionals to find the confidence they need to make a lasting career change. In the program, you’ll learn from peers and experts who will help you take steps towards making your vision a reality.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Our Roundtables are designed for participant interaction. It’s a place you can be yourself and be comfortable sharing and showing up for others.
- 1 - 1:20: Topic presentation
- 1:20 - 1:45: Facilitated group discussion (main room or across numerous breakout rooms)
- 1:45 - 2:00: Questions and key takeaway sharing
Come ready to:
- Have your video on. Visible communication is important.
- Try to be somewhere quiet that fosters good focus.
- Share what’s going on in your world, and/or something relevant to the topic or your peers:
- a problem/challenge you’re facing, or;
- an idea or solution for someone else, or;
- a practice, or funny anecdote that might help others.
- Share resources that helped you (a great book or leadership strategy)
- Continue Member connections and conversations even after the call.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.