Do you know what drives you? There are 7 dimensions of motivation that filter and guide our behaviors and decisions. Learn more about these motivators and how to leverage them to achieve your goals.
Tue, May 4, 2021 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM EDT
Have you ever set a goal for yourself and struggled to achieve it? We've all been there. When we fail to achieve a goal, it's not because we don't know what to do or how to do it. It's because we've been pulled in other directions. It's because, at that point in time, we were more motivated to take other actions than the actions needed to accomplish the goal.
Understanding what motivates us, what inspires us, and what we deem to be essential is a vital first step toward achieving our goals. If you know your natural motivators, you are far more likely to pursue the right opportunities for the right reasons and get the results you desire.
By the end of the session with Amy Salapski, Managing Partner of Cambium Development Group, you’ll be able to:
- Self-assess the intensity of each of your motivators;
- Understand how motivators affect behavior;
- Identify alternative strategies for leveraging motivators to achieve your goals.
Tips for getting the most out of this event:
- Try to be somewhere quiet that fosters good focus.
- Visible communication and engagement makes it easier and more enjoyable for all of us. Please join with video if at all possible.
- Share what’s going on in your world and/or something relevant to the topic or your peers:
- A problem or challenge you’re facing;
- An idea or solution for someone else; or
- A practice, story, or funny anecdote that might help others.
- Reach out to other members before the event to introduce yourself.
- Continue member connections and conversations after the event.
Think someone else you know might be interested in attending? Share the event with your friends and network! Members from the Ellevate Pittsburgh chapter leadership team will be there to answer any questions you may have about Ellevate.
Follow us: @EllevatePIT on Twitter (twitter.com/ellevatepit)
Want to be highlighted on Ellevate Pittsburgh’s social media for a recent win (promotion, new job, completing a major project, etc.)? Or have a question or concern? Drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
- Amy presents
- q & a with closing remarks
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.