This Week's Topic: How Employment Law Affects You as a Manager
Ok, you didn't go to law school for a reason. But are you aware of how the law -- and particularly the whole world of employment law -- affects your role as the leader of your team?
As a manager, you don't just have to think about feedback, setting goals, and writing reviews. You have to know how to deal with the tricky situations, those you didn't even know could happen.
Join us for this Roundtable as we talk through employment law concepts you should know and how to deal when things get scary.
This Roundtable is a part of Ellevate's Managers Program.
Ellevate’s five programs (Executives, Entrepreneurs, Managers, Rising Leaders, and Career Changers) offer a variety of flexible ways to learn alongside peers, including Roundtables, Workshops, Mentoring Meetups, and our 12-Week Squads Program.
How can you join the Managers Program?
- All programs - including Squads - are free with $40 a month Pro Access.
- Or, get $5 off tickets for $5 a month with Basic Access.
- Or, buy full price tickets for $10 with Limited Access.
As an empathetic manager, you can change the world. Our program is a space for new and experienced people managers to work through the questions - the ones they can’t just google - with trusted peers and experts. In the program, you'll become the kind of manager that can both build an inclusive culture and hit your goals.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
- 1:00 - 1:15: Thought Leadership from guest Expert
- 1:15 - 1:50: Facilitated group discussion across numerous breakout rooms
- 1:50 - 2:00: Key takeaway sharing
Come ready to:
- Have your video on. Visible communication is important.
- Try to be somewhere quiet that fosters good focus.
- Share what's going on in your world, and/or something relevant to the topic or your peers:
- a problem/challenge you’re facing, or;
- an idea or solution for someone else, or;
- a practice, or funny anecdote that might help others.
- Share resources that helped you (a great book or leadership strategy).
- Continue Member connections and conversations even after the call.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.