Money is always a touchy subject, and when it comes to compensation the conversations can get even trickier. Discuss in a safe environment so you are ready when you need to bring it up at work.
Thu, Sep 23, 2021 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
This Week's Topic: Talking Compensation
Money. It's a touchy subject and it can make many of us uncomfortable. It gets even trickier when you are not just talking about your own money, but about what others will receive as compensation.
Make sure you are ready to have these conversations not only with your direct reports about their salaries, but with your manager about yours (and your team's.) In this Roundtable we'll get expert advice as well as a chance to touch on the pitfalls, concerns, and suggestions with others who are right there with you figuring out how to have these conversations in the best way possible.
This Roundtable is a part of Ellevate's Managers Program.
Ellevate’s five programs (Executives, Entrepreneurs, Managers, Rising Leaders, and Career Changers) offer a variety of flexible ways to learn alongside peers, including Roundtables, Workshops, Mentoring Meetups, and our 12-Week Squads Program.
How can you join the Managers Program?
- All programs - including Squads - are free with $40 a month Pro Access.
- Or, get $5 off tickets for $5 a month with Basic Access.
- Or, buy full price tickets for $20 with Limited Access.
As an empathetic manager, you can change the world. Our program is a space for new and experienced people managers to work through the questions - the ones they can’t just google - with trusted peers and experts. In the program, you'll become the kind of manager that can both build an inclusive culture and hit your goals.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
- 1:00 - 1:15: Thought Leadership from guest Expert
- 1:15 - 1:50: Facilitated group discussion across numerous breakout rooms
- 1:50 - 2:00: Key takeaway sharing
Come ready to:
- Have your video on. Visible communication is important.
- Try to be somewhere quiet and fosters good focus.
- Share whats going on in your world, and/or something relevant to the topic or your peers:
- a problem/challenge you’re facing, or;
- an idea or solution for someone else, or;
- a practice, or funny anecdote that might help others.
- Share resources that helped you(a great book or leadership strategy)
- Continue Member connections and conversations even after the call.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.