Join other Career Changers of the Ellevate community to work through your current challenges, brainstorm ways to overcome them, and find connections that can help you on your career change journey.
Fri, Oct 1, 2021 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
Grab your resume in whatever state it’s in and join us! You will walk away with some in-session resume updates and a plan to take your resume to the next level. We will review resumes from across multiple sectors, define the purpose of your resume and LinkedIn, learn modern resume rules and walk through my top job application materials resources. We will end the session with workshop time and a Q&A.
This is for you if:
- You want some help and guidance updating your resume and LinkedIn.
- You are looking to change jobs, companies or industries.
- You aren't looking to change your current role, but can't recall the last time you updated your resume.
- General Rules of Resumes & LinkedIn
- How to Navigate Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- What Hiring Managers Are Looking For
- Walkthrough My Top Resume & LinkedIn Resources
What to expect:
- Actionable insights on how to up-level your resume and LinkedIn
- You will walk away from this session having made positive changes to your application materials.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Our Roundtables are designed for participant interaction. It’s a place you can be yourself and be comfortable sharing and showing up for others.
Agenda (all times ET):
- 1:00 - 1:20: Speaker presentation
- 1:20 - 1:45: Breakout Room group discussions
- 1:45 - 2:00: Questions and key takeaway sharing
Resume and LinkedIn Tips - Jenny Pollock
Come ready to:
- Have your video on. Visible communication is important.
- Try to be somewhere quiet that fosters good focus.
- Share what’s going on in your world, and/or something relevant to the topic or your peers:
- a problem/challenge you’re facing, or;
- an idea or solution for someone else, or;
- a practice, or funny anecdote that might help others.
- Share resources that helped you (a great book or leadership strategy)
- Continue Member connections and conversations even after the call.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.