The average age of the startup founder is 42, yet most women over 40 say they have experienced ageism in the workplace. And studies show that women experience ageism at work earlier than men.
Fri, Oct 29, 2021 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
Age discrimination can hold you back from making a change whether you’re:
- Returning to the workforce
- Pivoting careers
- Asking for a promotion
- Job searching with confidence.
In this Roundtable, join Linda and Judy from EvolveMe, a career growth company for women in midlife and Candance Chow, co-founder of NextGroup, a recruitment firm for mid-career talent, for an honest conversation about tips to tackle ageism head on in the workforce when you’re making a change -- starting with what’s inside of you! You’ll also gain insights into what employers are looking for in mid-career talent like you!
This Roundtable is for you if:
- You've experienced age discrimination in the workplace
- You suspect age discrimination has held you back from career opportunities
- How to respond when faced with ageism
- How to find power in numbers -- you're not alone in this!
- How to own your age and experience, and make it work for your career change
What to expect:
- An honest conversation about how to take ageism head-on
- Small group discussions in breakout rooms with other attendees
- Breakout rooms will not be recorded
This is a part of Ellevate's Career Changers Program.
Ellevate’s five programs ( Executives, Entrepreneurs, Managers, Rising Leaders, and Career Changers) offer a variety of flexible ways to learn alongside peers, including Roundtables, Workshops, Mentoring Meetups, and our 12-Week Squads Program.
How can you join the Career Changers Program?
- All programs are full price with Limited Access.
- Or, get $5 off all tickets to program experiences with Basic Access.
- Or, get an All Access Pass to program experiences - including Squads - with Pro Access.
Change happens when you find the courage to take your first step. Our program is a space for professionals to find the confidence they need to make a lasting career change. In the program, you’ll learn from peers and experts who will help you take steps towards making your vision a reality.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Our Roundtables are designed for participant interaction. It’s a place you can be yourself and be comfortable sharing and showing up for others.
Agenda (all times ET):
- 1:00 - 1:20: Speaker presentation
- 1:20 - 1:45: Breakout Room group discussions
- 1:45 - 2:00: Questions and key takeaway sharing
Come ready to:
- Have your video on. Visible communication is important.
- Try to be somewhere quiet that fosters good focus.
- Share what’s going on in your world, and/or something relevant to the topic or your peers:
- a problem/challenge you’re facing, or;
- an idea or solution for someone else, or;
- a practice, or funny anecdote that might help others.
- Share resources that helped you (a great book or leadership strategy)
- Continue Member connections and conversations even after the call.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.