Ellevate Network’s weekly podcast, Conversations with Women Changing the Face of Business, is an amazing resource, providing inspiration and practical tips from diverse, successful women in business.
In this event, our guest host (and chapter marketing lead), Barb Strnad, of Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C., will help us break down the thoughts, advice, and stories shared in two of the podcasts episodes. We will focus on the ideas of finding a purpose and creating intentions that help guide your career choices and ensure that your life is more fulfilling.
Below, you’ll find a brief description of each episode and a reference to the timestamps we’re going to emphasize in our discussion. But remember, while listening ahead of time is encouraged, it's not required. And if you're short on time, focus on the time stamps described below (and click it up to 1.5x).
- Episode 245: Introspection and Exploration to Self-Discovery, with Shibani Joshi: National Business and Technology Journalist, Shibani Joshi, shares the importance of introspection and exploration to discover your true self. (6:10 - 27:00)
- Episode 262: How to Find Your Purpose, with Kate Glantz: Luma Legacy’s Kate Glantz discusses what motivates her, and how to make purpose your throughline. (2:30 - 13:50)
Tips for getting the most out of this event:
- Try to be somewhere quiet that fosters good focus.
- Visible communication and engagement make it easier and more enjoyable for all of us. Please join with video.
- Share what’s going on in your world and/or something relevant to the topic or your peers:
- A problem or challenge you’re facing;
- An idea or solution for someone else;
- A practice, story, or funny anecdote that might help others; or
- A resource that has helped you (a great book, a poignant podcast, a practical strategy).
- Reach out to other members before the event to introduce yourself.
- Continue member connections and conversations after the event.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
12:15 p.m.: What is “purpose”? How do you find it?
12:30 p.m.: Why is purpose useful? What do you do with it?
12:45 p.m.: Examples of successful, purpose driven people in our lives and the world.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.