Hosted by: Cincinnati
Rid Yourself of the Money Straitjacket Keeping You Stuck
1 hour & 30 minutes
Online • Closed Captioned •
Money is a tricky thing. It can be the source of so much happiness and success, or it can be the root of frustrations and fears. It plays a big role in almost all of our big decisions in life. It is often a hidden driver, whether we ask for a raise, take a new job, or launch your own business. After nearly two years of uncertainty, we are all looking for a change, be it more money, more flexibility, a career change or pivoting your business. You might see the possibility of what you are creating but unsure how to get there.
There is often an invisible financial straitjacket that's been holding you back from change or knowing how much is enough to negotiate a raise or launch that new product. The stories we tell ourselves about money may keep us where we are, safe! Maybe we are so comfortable in the shackles, we bedazzle the straitjacket, so we feel like we have made a change in life. But soon enough, we realize the jacket is still on.
The first step to making big shifts in your financial situation is acknowledging there is a straitjacket; the second is noticing its patterns that keep you from asking for the raise. This doesn’t have to be painful; it can be fun. Changes can happen quickly.
In a fun and engaging manner, with this virtual workshop, we will uncover the money personalities traits that will help you break free from the financial shackles and achieve a new sense of freedom knowing how much is enough.
Our speakers/presenters Liz and Dawn joined forces to create SheMoolah to work with women on how to have it all, including financial stability. The money personality traits quiz that we’ll use and talk through during this virtual event is posted at SheMoolah.com; we’ll also include a link in pre-event messaging!
Tips for getting the most out of this event:
- Try to be somewhere quiet that fosters good focus.
- Please join with video if possible. Otherwise, we would love to have you join off-camera, if that’s the best join approach for the time.
- Share what’s going on in your world and/or something relevant to the topic or your peers:
- A problem or challenge you’re facing;
- An idea or solution for someone else;
- A practice, story, or funny anecdote that might help others; or
- A resource that has helped you (a great book, a poignant podcast, a practical strategy).
- Reach out to other members before the event to introduce yourself.
- Continue member connections and conversations after the event.
This is a co-hosted event with Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. Come join us!
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.
New York, NY
VP of Product and Technology at Ellevate Network
Be the first to share your thoughts about this event.