The ART of Writing for your Audience
Whether you consider yourself a capital “W” Writer or not, writing is part of life—and work. Between emails, Slack messages, tweets, texts, and meeting notes, our days are full of writing tasks. And too often we’re shooting off our messages simply hoping they’ll accomplish what they’re supposed to.
But you know what they say: hope is not a strategy. In this roundtable, we’ll talk about a framework for approaching every written communication with the audience and outcome in mind. Join us at Asali Cafe! Bring your favorite writing utensil, and Bold Type’s Grace Aldridge Foster will take it from there.
This is for you if:
- You like new strategies for communicating with clients or colleagues
- You know the way you write reflects your personality, professionalism, and competence
- You hate writing
- You love writing
What to Expect:
- Everyone can order and pay for their own coffee/breakfast as they arrive. Check out the amazing menu here! Plus they will have plenty of freshly baked pastries!
- We will do 30-second introductions as a group.
- Grace will lead us in a roundtable discussion
- Bring your favorite writing utensil!
- Come as you are! This is an early morning event - leggings and messy buns are welcome!
- There is plenty of free parking in the lot.
- All events will be held in accordance with Wake County, the city of Cary, and the CDC COVID-19 guidelines.
- Asali asks us to please wear a face mask when not eating or drinking.
- We will have special stickers you may use to signify your contact comfort level at the event (ex. No contact, Fist pump only, Hugs okay, etc).
- This is a private event and we will have the entire space to ourselves.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.