POD Club is a monthly gathering for curious professional women+
We explore different themes, gain inspiration from podcasts, and share ideas and experiences. Join for a theme that interests you or come every month as part of a supportive community!
SEPTEMBER THEME: Business Doing Social Good
Since we ran into some tech issues in August, but there was a lot of interest in this topic, we’re going to try again and continue the conversation. Take a listen to one of these or a podcast of your own choosing on the theme of businesses doing social good.
What makes for an effective social impact business?
Who inspires you in your own industry as a leader conscious of environmental and social impact?
What business would YOU start for effective impact?
- Force Multiplier with Baratunde Thurston: Power of the People: Are We the Key to Impacting Climate Change?
- Paul Polman has been talking in a number of settings, in relation to his book Net Positive. This one is not quite a podcast, but the interview he did for Catalyst 2030 Week is a great one: Becoming Net Positive: in conversation with Paul Polman
- Podcast series on Corporate Transformation from shareholder to stakeholder consciousness (whole series)
We've talked about these two in previous POD clubs, but they were so enthusiastically discussed, they are surely worth more people listening to them:
- Dare to Lead with Brene Brown: James Rhee - Impact investing
- Circular economy: Episode 41: Sandra Goldmark - Fixup and Fixation
If you have a suggested future theme for podcast discussions, message the POD Club host, Mary Hendra.
Note: In consideration of busy schedules, we aim to end by 8:45 to give a break before your next meeting.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.