Transform your personal growth journey with us at our dynamic, free online monthly event! Immerse yourself in a supportive and inclusive community of like-minded individuals as we delve into the insights of the world's top personal development books.
This month, be inspired by Sally Susman's "Breaking Through: Communicating to Open Minds, Move Hearts, and Change the World''. Join us as we engage in thought-provoking discussions and share our own learnings. Don't miss this chance to expand your mind and connect with other professionals on a shared path to self-improvement.
About the book
“The world’s best handbook for how to build and maintain trust at work—and why it’s essential for any communications you do. No one could write this book but Sally.” Dan Roth, Editor in Chief and VP, LinkedIn
Pfizer's ground-breaking communications leader, Sally Susman, reveals how we can break through all the noise and conventional thinking to get our message across and make positive change.
She shows how clarifying and channeling your intention is an essential first step: What are you trying to say? She illustrates how, in order to be effective, leaders need to muster the courage for candor; and how, in order to connect, they must both disarm with humility and delight with humor. Breaking Through is essential reading for any leader as they face the daunting challenge of communicating in our noisy, turbulent world.
The principles in Breaking Through are essential for all of us who strive to:
- Make conversations of all kinds more empathetic, dynamic, and productive
- Introduce bold new ideas or transformational products
- Persuade others to join a movement or back a cause
- Reverse course when caught in the glare of negative public opinion
About the author
Sally Susman is Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at Pfizer and vice chair of The Pfizer Foundation. In 2022, Forbes named Susman one of the World’s Most Influential CMOs for Pfizer’s efforts to combat vaccine misinformation. She received the prestigious Matrix Award from New York Women in Communications in 2019 and was named a LinkedIn Top Voice that same year. Breaking Through is her first book.
Where to get the book
To learn more
- Sally's website
- Breaking Through: Lessons in Leadership with Pfizer’s Sally Susman with Mika Brzesinski (YouTube, 6 min)
- This is Working: Sally Susman interview with Dan Roth, LinkedIn (Youtube, 27 min)
- How Leaders Can Break Through To Drive Real Change: Insights From Pfizer’s Sally Susman (Forbes article)
- Guest: FREE
- Pro & Executive Members: FREE (included in your membership)
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.