Financial Acumen Course at The Omega Institute with Manisha Thakor
Rhinebeck, NY • August 22, 2014
“Financial acumen” is a key characteristic of authentic leadership. Yet it’s a skillset around which most of us have received little (if any) formal education. This workshop can help you change tha...
Friday, August 22, 2014 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EDTThe Omega Institute
150 Lake Drive
Rhinebeck, NY 12572
“Financial acumen” is a key characteristic of authentic leadership. Yet it’s a skillset around which most of us have received little (if any) formal education. This workshop can help you change that! During this lively, interactive session you will learn to increase both your personal and your professional financial literacy. The goal of this session is nothing short of dramatically increasing your fluency with and comfort around the role that money plays in your personal life and the broader world.
The core personal financial literacy component of this workshop will be contextualized between brief discussions of macro economics (the economy of care) and organizational finance (small business and non-profit).
Specifically, you will learn:
• Macro economics: the role of money in our integrated global economy
• Personal finance basics: healthy spending, saving & budgeting, credit scores, consumer debt (credit cards, and student loans), and insurance
• Investing: your core options, how to choose between them, retirement planning, and what financial information to regularly monitor
• Money & relationships:What to discuss with regards to money when it comes to romantic partners, adult children, elderly parents, and financial professionals
• Organizational finance: key language and concepts behind financial management
Using a combination of lectures and group exercises, this fun, uplifting, one-of-a-kind workshop will teach you how to create the financial life that makes your heart sing.
*REGISTRATION AND SIGN UP*
Omega Institute Sign Up - Financial Acumen
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.