30 Seconds to Launch: The Art of the Elevator Pitch
New York, NY • November 18, 2015
Learn to articulate your value and values with ease, savvy, and style.Our attention spans are shorter. Our lives are busier. And our mental hard drives are at capacity. So when you only have 30 ...
Wednesday, November 18, 2015 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM ESTTBA
New York, NY 10019
Learn to articulate your value and values with ease, savvy, and style.
Our attention spans are shorter. Our lives are busier. And our mental hard drives are at capacity. So when you only have 30 seconds to make an impact, you need to be sure of both what to say and how to say it. The “elevator pitch” can feel outdated, phony, and utterly cringe-inducing . . . but it doesn't have to be. A well crafted elevator pitch can bring out your inner rock star, give people a sense of what you're about (beyond just what you "do") and begin genuine connections.
New York-based voice and speech coaches Casey Erin Clark and Julie Fogh of Vital Voice Training will give you the principles to construct and refine a compelling elevator pitch AND show you how to deliver it in a way that truly lands and connects with your audience. Workshop participants will be able to get on your feet, practice, and meet and start to make some connections with other professionals.
- *What exactly IS an elevator pitch and why do you need one? (It's more than just reading off your resume)
- *HOW to articulate your story, strenths and values in a way that highlights your unique contributions
- *How to make it something that connects with a real human being and engages your audience.
- *Dealing with nerves, and the pressure to "act natural" in a stressful situation.
- *Common mistakes people make and what to do about them.
You will leave with a post packet PDF and a blueprint on how to continue to refine your pitch.
Cost: $35 for Ellevate Members (Regular price $45) with code ELLEVATE
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.