Women and Investing
Toronto, ON • March 31, 2016
This presentation identifies the unique challenges that women face when it comes to investing, how to overcome those challenges and product solutions.
Thursday, March 31, 2016 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM EDTSun Life
150 King ST West
Toronto, ON M5H 3T9
The Women and Investing seminar has really resonated with women who may have found the world of finance at times overwhelming. Chantal McNeily of Sun Life Financial makes this presentation relatable as she highlights her personal history in the industry and how she became involved. Also, Chantal is currently supported by an all female team.
Some of the elements the presentation will cover include:
- Historical data on women's vs men's earnings, life expectancy and time in workforce
- Confronting and overcoming the "what if" factor
- Overcoming challenges by prioritizing goals, working with a budget, and discussing the fundamentals of investing
- Effects of inflation
- Tax sheltered vehicles and advantages of diversification
- Solutions - world class asset managers.
- The Canadian market and major players outside of Canada
- MFS Investment Management: a highlight on International Value Fund, Global Total Return Fund, Global Value Fund, U.S. Growth Fund
Note: $25 at the door, but please register before the event.
Thanks to Edward Jones for providing appetizers and drinks!
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.