Your voice matters. It is as important a part of the image you project as your wardrobe, your handshake, your professional demeanor--and far more personal than any of these. Everyone is talking about what really holds women back in the workplace: vocal patterns like upspeak and vocal fry... There’s a lot of “noise” out there about what does and does not work.
In this workshop, we’ll examine what authentic communication looks like in the workplace, what voice has to do with leadership and authority, and how you can make your voice heard. We will investigate both how your voice works and how it may be perceived--and give you tools to use your voice both powerfully and authentically.
What does authority sound like?
- How does society see authority and power in communication--and how well do you fit into that framework?
- How do you find a voice that sounds like YOU, but communicates how you want others to see you?
- How do you access power even when you don’t feel powerful?
- What are “vocal masks”? Do you try to sound powerful/intelligent/competent by imitating others?
- How can you “read” your audience--and how can you use that as a tool instead of an obstacle?
Issues unique to women’s voices:
- Do you soften your voice/presence in order to be non-threatening?
- Can a “feminine”-sounding voice be powerful and present?
And a simple, powerful set of principles for individual vocal and communication confidence: BOSS(i)
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.