2nd WBI Embodied Positive Psychology Summit @ Kripalu
West Stockbridge, MA • May 1, 2017
In troubled times we need to rejuvenate with hope, kindness, mindfulness & play. Learn, connect & enjoy all four elements of rejuvenation at our 2nd annual summit in the beautiful Berkshires, MA.
Mon, May 1 6:00 PM - Thu, May 4 12:00 PM EDTKripalu Center for Yoga and Health
57 Interlaken Road
West Stockbridge, MA 01266
Join expert researchers, authors and practitioners in the field of positive psychology as they explore with us the role of love, the supreme emotion, in every facet of life. From personal coaching, to scientific research on the mind-body connection, from individuals to teams and community movements, from personal relationships to medical science and the impact of heart health on overall health.
Learn about building resilience, developments in medicine related to the mind-body connection,
Take away practical steps to improve your own health – in mind and body – and to help others improve theirs.
- Barbara Fredrickson PhD – IPPA President, author of Love 2.0 and Positivity, Professor at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill as she explores love as a series of micro moments of connection, and her theory of positivity resonance.
- Joan Borysenko PhD – Author, Harvard graduate and expert in the mind-body connection as it impacts health care. Joan will be exploring the healing power of love with evidence from the world of psychoneuroimmunology and neurobiology.
- Todd Kashdan PhD – Professor of Psychology at George Mason University, Author, and researcher as he reveals his latest research into character strengths and relationships.
- Howard Martin – EVP of Heartmath showing us the importance of heart health, heart rate variability and the impact of the heart on the mind.
- Megha Nancy Buttenheim – creator of Let Your Yoga Dance as she joins Howard to create a first hand experience of movement and music to move the body and stimulate the heart and mind.
- Stephen Cope – Founder of the Kripalu Institute for Extraordinary Living (KIEL) explores the importance of deep friendships and shows us how we are individuals and part of a bigger whole.
- Megan McDonough – CEO and co-founder of the Wholebeing Institute. Megan, who started her career in nuclear medicine, decided to change path to start the institute and bring the science and practices of positive psychology to a wider audience.
12 workshops will be led by expert practitioners in the fields of coaching, law, team building, research, health and medicine, social justice and community building, facing challenging times, building resilience and more. For a full program go to http://wholebeinginstitute.com
To register online go to https://kripalu.org/epps
For questions, email RuthPearce@wholebeinginstitute
Sign up for a free introductory two-part course and e-book at http://events.wholebeinginstit
Main Summit - $595 plus accommodation
Pre-/Post-summit Master Class - $195 plus accommodation
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.