MeetUp Denver - Women in Blockchain
Online • January 9, 2018
How to set up Digital Wallet for Cryptos & Women Empowerment
Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM MST
6:30p Why Women in Blockchain & Brief 101
7:30p How to Set Up a Digital Wallet
Disclaimer: This is NOT any type of investment seminar and is solely an educational seminar. Things to do before the class if possible: Download/bring/buy the items below to most easily set up a digital wallet during the class. Worksheet will also be provided to take home. Note: there are many, many options. We're going to be sharing the options we feel are the most used.
1. Download Google Authenticator App to your phone or computer. (This is used to protect your identify when making online transactions.)
2. Open an account that allows one to trade fiat currencies (dollars) into Cryptocurrencies. An example is CoinBase (the #1 downloaded app over the holidays) which you can get from the app store on your phone or computer. https://www.coinbase.com/
2. Transfer fiat $ into crypto account - any amount you want is fine.
3. You'll need either a cold wallet (off-line/hard wallet) or a digital wallet. A number of proponents recommend hard wallets. Some Recommended Hard Wallets (available on Amazon and elsewhere):
• Trezor (Note: Be sure to buy for a Mac if you use a Mac)
• Ledger Nano S
• KeepKey by ShapeShift
Some Recommended Digital Wallets:
• Coinbase: https://www.coinbase.com
• GDax: https://www.gdax.com/
Digital Asset Exchange:
• ShapeShift: https://shapeshift.io/#/coins
ShapeShift allows one to trade any leading crypto asset for another.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.