Bloomberg's 2018 Financial Products Women's Returner Circle New York
New York, NY • March 20, 2018
The Women's Returner Circle is an initiative to support and engage talented women who have experience in financial services and are looking to return to full-time roles after an extended career break
Tuesday, March 20, 2018 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM EDTBloomberg New York
731 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Bloomberg is excited to host our third annual Women's Returner Circle in New York; an initiative to support and engage talented women who have experience in financial services and are looking to return to full-time roles after an extended career break. Bloomberg is committed to developing a more diverse workforce and recognizes both the value of this experienced group and the challenges they can encounter in restarting their careers in suitable corporate roles.
Bloomberg will host this one-day event on March 20th, 2018 for a limited group of returning professionals with experience relevant to our business. Our objectives are to provide support and information, together with some initial exposure to career opportunities at Bloomberg.
As a participant, you will have the opportunity to learn more about Bloomberg through speaker sessions, and network with members of our Financial Products businesses, as well as the Bloomberg Women's Community and employees who are working parents. You will participate in coaching workshops and exploratory career conversations to develop your self-marketing and interview skills and will benefit from networking with a like-minded peer group. The day will comprise of activities and discussions to potentially match your career goals, experience, and skills, with relevant roles at Bloomberg.
Following the Returner Circle, participants may be encouraged to apply for a permanent role within one of our Financial Products departments.
Successful applicants are likely to have:
- A career break and a strong desire to return to the workforce
- Minimum of 5+ years of work experience prior to career break
- Experience in Financial markets
- Strong verbal communication skills with an ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way
- Written skills with an ability to contribute to published articles
- A commercial mindset with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- Eagerness to work in an innovative environment with a high level of decision- making responsibility
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure
If you are interested in participating in this event, apply to upload your CV and a member of our team will respond back to you.
Please note: we will only be able to invite a maximum of 25 participants to this event. Therefore, we ask that all applications are submitted no later than Friday March 9th, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other classification protected by law .
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.