The Journey towards Corporate Board Service
Seattle, WA • September 11, 2018
Curious about what it really means to get onto and be on a corporate board? Join our panel of advocates who are actively helping both women and companies bring diverse talent to corporate boards.
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 6:00 PM - 8:15 PM PDTWest Monroe Partners
1501 4th Ave
Century Square Lobby Conference Center
Seattle, WA 98101
Are you curious about what it really means to get onto and be on a corporate board? We’ll be joined by a panel of advocates who are actively helping other women – and companies – bring the talents and skills of women to corporate board positions.
According to 2020 Women on Boards, women held ~24% of board seats in the 15 Fortune 1000 companies located here in our State of Washington. A 2018 BOA/Merrill Lynch study reports that companies with high scores in board diversity, women in management, and company policies on diversity/inclusion generally saw lower price and EPS volatility and higher subsequent ROEs than those with low scores.
Our panelists are core resources in our PNW community for women interested in board service:
- Cate Goethals [Moderator], who leads two programs at UW Foster School - Women in Leadership and Women on Boards.
- Barbara Bennett, who recently served as President & COO of Vulcan, Inc. and presently serves on the board of Cascade Public Media.
- Joanna Lohkamp, who serves as a corporate board director for multiple private companies and also on the NW Chapter board of National Association of Corporate Directors, and as an advisor to Stanford University’s program on Women on Boards.
- Deanna Oppenheimer, founder of CameoWorks and who serves as a corporate board director and advisor for multiple public and private companies
- Additional panelists TBA.
This event is sponsored and hosted by West Monroe Partners.
Suggested parking includes Century Square, Pacific Place or Westlake Tower. All are all $7 after 5pm. Entrance to Century Square parking is on Pike St between 3rd & 4th Ave. Pike St is one way, headed eastward.
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
6:00-6:30pm Registration and Open Networking over wine & hors d’oeuvres
6:40-7:40pm Panel Discussion
7:40-8:00pm Questions and Closeout
Everyone is welcome to mingle and network until 8:30pm
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.