Ellevate & Prudential Present: A Conversation on Getting Ahead Financially During Your 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s and Beyond
New York, NY • March 21, 2019
Join us for a valuable conversation with our panel of experts about money, financial intelligence, and playing the long game to help you retire comfortably - when you choose to.
Thursday, March 21, 2019 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDTTownStages
221 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013
Let’s look at the facts. Research shows that women do not invest for their retirement to the same extent that men do. Women tend to have less saved for retirement, and tend to have a greater proportion of investments in cash rather than growth options. Not to mention that women still earn less and live longer than men. It’s concerning, but you have the power to change that.
Join Ellevate Network, in partnership with Prudential Financial, Inc., for a much needed conversation with our panel of experts about money, financial intelligence, and playing the long game to help you retire comfortably - when you choose to.
Some Startling Stats*:
- The average woman working full-time earns 79 percent of the income earned by her male counterpart working full- time.
- Since Social Security benefits are based on career earnings, women’s Social Security benefits also tend to be lower. Lower earnings have resulted in women earning Social Security benefits that are 23% lower than men’s.
- Women currently comprise 47 percent of the U.S. workforce. However, Prudential research indicates that retirement account balances of female employees are, on average, one-third lower than their male counterparts.
- In a recent Prudential survey of pre-retirees, 25 percent of women indicated that they don’t think they’ll ever be able to retire, compared to 14 percent of men.
- Women need to save $140,000 by age 65 to have a 90 percent chance of covering healthcare expenses during their lifetimes, versus $124,000 for men.
These are real challenges but, with the right planning, closing the gap is an achievable reality.
*All above statistics can be found in Prudential’s Closing the Retirement Income Gender Gap White Paper
Control No. 1017700-00001-00
Interested in sponsoring this event or future events? Contact Us.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.