When you only have 30 seconds to make an impact, you need to be sure of both what to say and how to say it. Our attention spans are shorter, our lives are busier and our mental hard drives are at capacity. Bring out your inner rock star with a well-crafted elevator pitch.
Our attention spans are shorter, our lives are busier and our mental hard drives are at capacity. So when you only have 30 seconds to make an impact, you need to be sure of both what to say and how to say it. A well crafted elevator pitch can bring out your inner rock star, give people a sense of what you're about (beyond just what you "do") and begin genuine connections.
In this Jam Session, learn to articulate your value and values with ease, savvy and style. New York-based voice and speech coaches Casey Erin Clark and Julie Fogh of Vital Voice Training will give you the principles to construct and refine a compelling elevator pitch and show you how to deliver it in a way that truly lands and connects with your audience.
Topics will cover:
- What an elevator pitch is and why you need one
- How to articulate your story, strengths and values in a way that highlights your unique contributions
- How to make it something that connects with a real human being and engages your audience
- Dealing with nerves, and the pressure to "act natural" in a stressful situation
- Common mistakes people make and what to do about them
Casey Clark and Julie Fogh founded Vital Voice Training to help women speak up with savvy, charisma and confidence. Whether it’s a big speech, asking for a raise, or speaking up in meetings, their extensive backgrounds in speech coaching and professional acting give a unique perspective on what makes people want to listen. For their client, the result is her unique voice: amplified (not just louder).