Dress the Part: The Power of Style & Your Career
Online • September 7, 2017
In this jam session, Kristen Fanarakis, founder of Senza Tempo Fashion, will teach you how to curate your wardrobe to fit the image you want to project.
Thursday, September 7, 2017 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
Join Ellevate Now
Ellevate members get access to exclusive career-building events like this one as well as events, webinars, podcasts, and more as a part of an amazing community of professional women worldwide.
Scientists estimate that we judge people within 3-5 seconds of meeting them. The human tendency to judge a book by its cover is extensively studied by scientists. They’ve repeatedly shown that our snap judgements tend to overpower our decision making. Before you blink, people have drawn conclusions about you. Clothing is our visual vocabulary and the first impression we make. Between work, family, friends and all of our other commitments, however, shopping for clothes often falls to the bottom of our to do lists.
Don’t approach shopping for your wardrobe as a hobby, afterthought or task to be outsourced. It’s as important as your education and experience when it comes to managing your career and personal brand.
In this jam session, Kristen Fanarakis, founder of Senza Tempo Fashion, will help you:
- Identify your signature style
- Build a shopping plan
- Choose the right clothes to help you fit the image you want to present
Kristen Fanarakis spent over a decade working on Wall Street in foreign exchange investing and as a sales-trader before she became a fashion entrepreneur. She launched Senza Tempo Fashion because she couldn't find well made wardrobe basics that were accessibly priced. Women are busier than ever and have more choices than ever when it comes to clothing — yet most women will complain they have nothing to wear and that there's nothing to buy. Kristen's goal is to make shopping easier by helping women not just shop, but curate their closets.
Resources from the presentation:
- Wearing color as a neutral https://senzatempofashion.com/wearing-color-as-a-neutral/
- Shopping Weakness https://senzatempofashion.com/save-time-shop-less/
- 30 Wears – The Buy Test https://senzatempofashion.com/mind-the-gap-how-you-really-should-be-shopping/
- Wasted Time https://senzatempofashion.com/wasted-time/
- 4 Steps to a Better Wardrobe https://senzatempofashion.com/4-steps-to-a-better-wardrobe/
- Grace Kelly Style https://senzatempofashion.com/rear-window-style/
- The First Lady of Style https://senzatempofashion.com/how-to-dress-like-jackie-o/
- Audrey Style https://senzatempofashion.com/audrey-hepburn-style-at-any-age/
Log in to see who is attending this webinar.