Ellevate Network Announces 7th Annual Mobilize Women to Be Held June 6th-7th, 2023
Ellevate Network, the largest community of women+ at work, will be hosting its annual summit, Mobilize Women from June 6th-7th, 2023. It will be the first time since the pandemic in 2019 that Ellevate Network is featuring an in-person, gala component.
At Mobilize Women, thought leaders and experts from diverse industries will discuss solutions to issues including:
- Companies failing to see the relationship between gender equity and climate change, and how it negatively impacts women’s jobs and financial resilience;
- Why work and politics often end up intertwined;
- The business case for leveraging our disabled workforce;
- Elder care and its effect on all generations, especially women caretakers.
Mobilize Women will also be a platform for women+ and allies to listen and learn from each other, while strategizing actionable plans for more inclusive and equitable communities.
Mobilize Women 2023’s in-person gala will be on June 6th. The virtual component on June 7th will be free of charge and open to the public thanks to sponsor, RBC Wealth Management. “We believe we have a responsibility to help employees show up at work with their authentic selves. Only when we embrace this mindset can we truly develop a diverse and inclusive workforce,” said Shareen Luze, Head of Culture and Field Experience RBC Wealth Management. “We are excited about our continued partnership with Ellevate to advocate for groups who may experience barriers.” Those interested in high-visibility partnership and sponsorship opportunities for Mobilize Women can contact Allison Matejczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I started Mobilize Women in 2017 with the idea of building a space for necessary yet uncomfortable conversations around the state of the world. It's one of my favorite projects to work on, not only for sentimental reasons, but because it's one of the main ways we unite our members across the globe and corporate allies in the quest to make the workplace and world more equitable and inclusive,” said Maricella Herrera, CEO, Ellevate Network. “This year, it's extra special - I'm excited to spearhead Mobilize Women as CEO and to return in person in NYC with an in-person gala before the virtual main event. We are always focused on action, so we'll have opportunities to connect inclusive recruiters with professionals looking for work, or a new line of work through a virtual career expo. I welcome your participation in this year's revitalized Mobilize Women!"
In 2022, Mobilize Women had its largest turnout yet. 27 speakers covered topics that ranged from gender and minorities in the law to the benefits of business for good, and how to tackle staff attrition. More than 2,000 professionals from the US and overseas gave the summit 9.2/10 stars.
Past speakers at Mobilize Women include:
- Neil Blumenthal, Co-Founder, and Co-CEO, Warby Parker
- Rumman Chowdhury, Global Lead for Responsible AI, Accenture Applied Intelligence
- Ria Tabacco Mar, Director, ACLU Women's Rights Project
- Roni Frank, Co-Founder, and Head of Clinical Services, Talkspace
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, U.S. Senator (D-NY)
- Jenny Lay-Flurrie, Chief Accessibility Officer at Microsoft
- Karen Hao, Senior AI Reporter, MIT Technology Review
- Janaye Ingram, Director of 21st Century Communities Initiatives, Airbnb
- Gitanjali Rao, America's Top Young Scientist, Author, and "TIME Kid of the Year"
- Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor, Obama Foundation and Attn:
- Elizabeth Nieto, Global Head of Equity and Impact at Spotify
- Sandra Phillips Rogers, Group Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer, Chief Diversity Officer; Toyota Motor North America Inc.
- Megan Smith, CEO shift7, Former U.S. Chief Technology Officer (2014-17)
- Ara Tucker, SVP, Head of Talent and Culture, Audible Inc.
- Kelly Mahon Tullier, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Visa Inc.
For media partnerships and promotion opportunities, please contact email@example.com. Applications to speak at any Mobilize Women 2023 events can be submitted through this form.
About Ellevate Network
Founded in 1997 as 85 Broads, Ellevate Network is the largest community of women+ at work. A powerful coalition of ambitious and supportive women who believe there is strength in numbers, Ellevate is built on the premise of showing up for each other, helping everyone — no matter their background or aspirations — build a career they love, and mobilizing the collective power of women to change the culture of business. Ellevate also works with companies committed to diversity and inclusion and has a proven track record of changing business culture from the inside out.