Using Your Business Skills to Make an Impact on Climate Change
Online • June 7, 2016
In this Jam session, Cynthia Wang will discuss how to take practical steps toward applying the business and technical skills often honed in our for-profit professions to a non-profit setting, and be a part of a greater cause.
Tuesday, June 7, 2016 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
You deserve more.
No matter the challenge, you don't have to face it alone - but it’s up to you to take the first step. Join Ellevate to find the people you can trust, who understand what you’re going through, and who genuinely want to help you succeed.
Already a Member?
Experts agree that climate change is likely to have a profound effect on the Earth’s environments, economies, and peoples, and yet most of us don’t work in fields that try to address the issue and make a change. In this Jam session, Cynthia Wang will discuss how to take practical steps toward applying the business and technical skills often honed in our for-profit professions to a non-profit setting, and be a part of a greater cause.
- Ways to make a positive and personal impact on reversing climate change without changing jobs
- Practical advice on how to balance volunteer work with your day job
- Possible entry points into the non-profit sector
Cynthia Wang is the Director of Market Development, IBM Global Services. Parallel to her career in the tech industry, she has been a part of the environmental and conservation movement for more than 10 years. She is the Board President of Seattle Audubon Society, part of the global Audubon network whose mission is to protect birds and their natural habitats.
- 40% of the average American’s carbon footprint is due to their direct energy use. The other 60% is indirect. - carbonfund.org
- Statistics about food waste and consumption: http://www.bbc.com/news/
- Why $8 Tshirt is a problem: http://grist.org/living/watch-
us-explain-why-your-8-shirt- is-a-huge-problem/?utm_medium= email&utm_source=newsletter& utm_campaign=daily-horizon
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.