Navigate Your Taxes With Ease and Confidence
Online • March 15, 2018
This Jam Session with skilled CPA, Susan Ellison, will provide a comprehensive introduction to taxes.
Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
You deserve more.
No matter the challenge, you don't have to face it alone - but it’s up to you to take the first step. Join Ellevate to find the people you can trust, who understand what you’re going through, and who genuinely want to help you succeed.
Already a Member?
Tax season is upon us again. Don't fret! This Jam Session with skilled CPA, Susan Ellison, will provide a comprehensive introduction to taxes. Her presentation will cover basic concepts dealing with both individual and business income and deductions. Susan will make sure that you walk away understanding the basics of your tax return so you can take more control and responsibility for their financial life.
In this Jam Session, you will:
- Learn the difference between Earned & Unearned Income, and the different rates that apply to each
- Know what types of deductions you can deduct for your business
- Understand the difference between “Above the Line” and “itemized” personal deductions
- Understand tax credits, tax brackets, and how the tax is calculated
- Learn how the new tax law passed in December affects you
Susan Ellison earned her CPA in 2009 and has over 13 years of experience working in public accounting at various small to mid-size CPA firms around Chicago. She now heads her own firm and works with individuals and small businesses across a wide range of industries.
Get Introduced to the Women You Should Know
We help our members connect with specific attendees who share their industry and life experiences.